97 Cx Swap B18

L_Acura_S

This is My buddy's 97 Honda Civic Cx that is undergoing a swap. I figured I'd post it on here because this is a sexy car and my first actual swap Ive ever taken part in so I'm a little excited. Here are his mods as of right now. Next up will be the rebuild of my 94 gisser:) THUMB UP THUMB UP!!!

Suspension:
Tokico Blues
Ground Control coilovers
blox camber kit.

Wheels:
Tsw Trackstars

Engine Swap:
B18B in progress.
w/ Blox short shifter.

Tonight I basically prepped for the removal of the engine in the car while he was replacing the water pump, timing belt, tensioner, and checking valve lash on the B18.

We pulled the engine completely in about 4 hours so not too bad for our first time.

Tomorrow we will be installing the new engine and having it near completion (assuming everything goes as planned). The only thing that he is pending at the moment is an ob1 to obd2a adapter because the engine came in much earlier than he anticipated always a good thing. He will running a chipped Po6 ecu with Ls base map because he couldn't get his hand on a P75, either way it works.

Pix will be up tomorrow on the progress..just hope it all goes in smooth tomorrow updates as we go
THUMB UP THUMB UP:)

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
excuse me sir....but im drunk and i can say your pictures suck.

photofuckit is your friend!!!

<3 8urcivic

L_Acura_S

I understand and am sorry sir but we dont have any pictures at the moment left the camera at my house so I will be taking some first thing when we get to his house tomorrow.:)

8urcivic

lawlz....im just drunk...dont mind me.

but for realz...ngaz be foamin over no pixors.

L_Acura_S

Ok I lied people Pictars will be up tomorrow I promise, but any way update

Got the new engine in just need to extend the vss, and o2 sensor and connect all the vacuum lines as for now tho shes all bolted down and ready to go.

Tomorrow we will be installing the shift linkage, stabilizer bar and shifter, and removing the exhaust. We will most likely have the two sensor plugs extended and put the radiator back in (for sure). Then all we will be waiting on is the obd2 to obd1 adapter and install his ecu- hopefully by the middle of the week
THUMB UP THUMB UP:)

8urcivic

worst thread ever.....2nd night drunk in a row and you fail.

L_Acura_S

8urcivic I apologize deeply but I dont have my damn cables for my camera...a little tension at the house makes me not really wanna be there You have my word there will be pix tomorrow.

L_Acura_S

Here they are sirs.
Middle: Didnt get any pictures of the d16 coming out. Didnt have a camera that night

Ill get some more up when we get it running in the next few days when we get the adapter.