'98 distributor fit a b18a1?

Prozon

Kris
It will not work. The 98 distributor is OBD2, and the b18a1 distributor is either OBD0 or OBD1.

well i bought a teg and i wanted to get new cap ect and i got 1 for it. well it was a little to small. the guy at orilies said it came off a 98 teg. i had the car start but now i cant get any spark. im confused

Prozon

Kris
I'm confused as to what you are saying.

You went to O'Rileys and bought a distributor cap for a 1998 Integra, when you own a 90-93 Integra?

TegraTiger

distributor cap?

Yeah dude, that won't work. The following years have interchangeable parts: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993. ANYTHING outside of those years, either before or after, WILL NOT WORK.

TegraTiger

Parts

Yeah dude, that won't work. The following years have interchangeable parts: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993. ANYTHING outside of those years, either before or after, WILL NOT WORK.
There have been times when I couldn't find ANY parts for those years and relied upon using parts made for a '94-'95 Honda Accord EX (such as a dipstick or sunroof gasket), BUT those parts don't always work either.

Your best bet is to always stick to your year and model.

-30-

This is incorrect. As far as the distributor goes:
90-91 is OBD0 and is unique to those years
92-93 is OBD1. This being the case, a 94-95 LS distributor will work just fine on the 92-93 Integra LS.
The same year spans apply to VTEC distributors as well.

Prozon

Kris
This is incorrect. As far as the distributor goes:
90-91 is OBD0 and is unique to those years
92-93 is OBD1. This being the case, a 94-95 LS distributor will work just fine on the 92-93 Integra LS.
The same year spans apply to VTEC distributors as well.
I was just fueling up the flame thrower. :(