98 gsr. Want oem muffler to hang lower and be visible

Manny_tegs

My muffler is too high I've seen the same muffler lower on other Integras I know I could get longer connectors for the hooks but not sure if there's another better way to go about this also not sure if the rear axel would be in the way of doing this.

HooliganSKATE

Whats the reasoning behind wanting it to sit lower? Is it hitting on the bumper? The only thing I can think of would be longer exhaust hangers, if it is hitting the rear bumper and damaging it getting some longer hangers would fix that easily.

Manny_tegs

Ya I figured that's all I can really do. And reason being it just looks alot better. But also the muffler is looking a little rough is there anyway I could clean/ paint it without making it look Ricey. And no it's not damaging anything.

SoundEfx

Ofcourse you can clean and paint your muffler.
Most of the time, you'll see a black colour coated muffler with a chromish tip.

Manny_tegs

Word thanks for the replies I'll get some simple green scrub it and then spray it with high temp paint I'm assuming. Would a black muffler look good on a black gsr? Or if u all have some pics of something u like that'd be cool too

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Why make the stock muffler hang lower if it is not hitting the bumper? I get cleaning it and making it look nice, but stock mufflers hanging low always look broken to me.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
You could heat the muffler with a torch and bent it down a little to make it hang lower but I would just put some quiet tips on it instead of stock muffler. Give it a better sound without being too loud (assuming its a dd)