'_' 1997 Integra GSR Build

'_'

Hi again ClubIntegra. I figured I'd start a new thread in this section since this will be an ongoing build.

Background story: I was spending months looking for the right Integra, and was even considering a clean LS. I came across a clean title, bone stock DC2 that had never been modified, but the seller was originally asking $5,600. I waited about a month longer and contacted him to see if he would negotiate on a price. Long story short, I picked this one up for just over $4k. Here is a pic when I first got it:

April Update: I finished up general maintenance (timing belt, waterpump, hoses, etc.) several weeks ago at ~168K miles. I swapped out the LS mesh for GSR blades, and added/changed a few exterior parts as well.

I decided to go with Tein Street Flex coilovers brand new from Tein because I had the best pricing at the time (came out to $800 and some change, as opposed to $1,450 or so). Out of the box, all coilovers were set way too low (the car was slammed and about to lay the front lip on the ground lol), so I spent some time raising and dialing in the suspension after taking the photo. Hardrace rear trailing arm bushings are also on the way, because the stock ones are pretty much done at this point. Other than that, the car feels great, and I can get some decent rotation upon lift off. With that being said, do you think I should proceed with an ASR subframe brace, Eibach rear sway bar, BuddyClub camber arms, and new LCA's? Suspension components add up quickly, and I'd like to at least throw some RSR's on the GSR blades...unless I decide to change out the stock wheels all together.

I also threw on an AEM SRI for dat VTEC. More updates soon to follow.

ASGSR

Congrats on the pick up, looks great! We have similar background stories haha lmk if you plan on selling your stock intake.

Nick_C78

This car is clean. Saw it in person the other day. Also, when he says bone stock...he means it. It has all kinds of little shields and such still on it that I forgot existed.

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
This kind of thing is becoming a unicorn find... Congrats and good luck

'_'

September Update:

It's been awhile since I last posted, but I figure I could look back on this thread for reference. Here's a list of the current setup:

Suspension:
Tein Street Flex Coilovers
BuddyClub Front Camber Kit
SPC Rear Camber Kit
Hardrace Rear Trailing Arm Bushings
Wheels/Brakes/Tires:
15x8 Gramlight 57DR in Mag Blue
205 RSR's
Carbotech XP10 Front Pads
Carbotech XP8 Rear Pads
Centric Rotors
Engine:
AEM SRI

The car still needs an alignment, and possibly more tuning before the next track event. Anyways, here's how it currently sits at the moment:

'_'

Wow. Looks really clean! Congrats with the purchase ��
Congrats on the pick up, looks great! We have similar background stories haha lmk if you plan on selling your stock intake.
Thanks! I'm very happy with it so far. As for the intake, I have it in the garage just in case haha.

This car is clean. Saw it in person the other day. Also, when he says bone stock...he means it. It has all kinds of little shields and such still on it that I forgot existed.
Hey Nick, it's been a moment since I last posted here. Thanks for that bushing install lol.

Nice pickup and progress pimp.
Good score, and bone stock, imagine that, heh. What year is it?
Thanks, it's a 1997. Though I did want a 1998+, the White was a must have for me.

This kind of thing is becoming a unicorn find... Congrats and good luck
Every now and then, I browse Craigslist to see what's been posted or if there are better deals, but I haven't seen any stock GSR's lately.

Damn nice :thumbs up

That lip mounting needs work though.
Yeah it needs a bit of work, but I suppose I'll get it around to it once the suspension is tuning is complete haha.

Last edited:

'_'

I'm planning on Streets CCW once the weather cools off and if the Integra is done by then. If there's another Autoclub (infield/roval) event, I'd like to do that again too (both with ExtremeSpeed).

'_'

I have the bundle of race events that I still need to use up with ExtremeSpeed lol.