A few 1st gen questions...

eighty8

I'm having probs. passing TX emissions due to NOX levels....I failed the high speed only 25mph @2206rpm..
Pollutant: standard: current: result:
nox 1374 1502 failed
I have done the following so far:
new dizzy cap & rotor
new plugs
oil change
new cat-converter...I didn't let the cat heat up enough before taking it to test.
new 02 sensor
I heard if I were to retard the timing at the dizzy I'd pass the test...If so can I mark the dizzy's location and retard it? Then move it back to the original marks afterwards? Or do I NEED a timing light?
I have little time left to retest.
Any info will help.

Also..
Will 2nd gen front & rear seats fit in a g1?
Thanks again.

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
how are the spark plug wires? any leaking?

if anything go to a shop and pay someone to pass your car...hope you can figure out the problem though

eighty8

I passed!!! I retarded the timing and drove the teg for about 30 min prior to taking the test!
Old NOX levels were 1502 and it lowered to 83!
Thanks for the info.

graveyardhippie

I'm having probs. passing TX emissions due to NOX levels....I failed the high speed only 25mph @2206rpm..
Pollutant: standard: current: result:
nox 1374 1502 failed
I have done the following so far:
new dizzy cap & rotor
new plugs
oil change
new cat-converter...I didn't let the cat heat up enough before taking it to test.
new 02 sensor
I heard if I were to retard the timing at the dizzy I'd pass the test...If so can I mark the dizzy's location and retard it? Then move it back to the original marks afterwards? Or do I NEED a timing light?
I have little time left to retest.
Any info will help.

Also..
Will 2nd gen front & rear seats fit in a g1?
Thanks again.
i didnt even see the second part of ur question or i woulda answered a lot sooner. the rear seats will not fit, but the fronts you can make fit. i'm pretty sure it wont just bolt up, but with a bit of drilling and bolting, you should be able to find a seat to rail combo that will work to your liking.