acceleration / hesitation issue

tmaz99

ill do a leak down test when my friend can fit it in, any ideas where a fuel leak could be coming from? could it also have to do with my tps sensor?

allozon

daracer
Id say unplug the TPS and hit the throttle to see if anything changes, if nothing chamges with it unplugged then its the TPS. Have the same problem with my DA

Nick_C78

Just get a multimeter and check the calibration of your TPS if you think its that. You just stick a needle in the middle wire to probe it for the red tester and use the battery ground for the black tester. I believe closed should be 0.48v and wide open should be 4.50v. Double check those numbers, I am just going by memory.

NJMenace

Hey guys, so ive posted about this issue in the past and still have not been able to figure it out. I have an 01 gsr with intake, throttle body, and manifold and exhaust system as the only real changes. For the past year ive been having trouble accelrating from a stop and when trying to accelerate at high speeds. The car seems to hesitate and then slowly accelerate when i start from a stop, gets louder but doesnt move much. Then Ill also have even more trouble when ac is on or when i get near vtec. Ive tries replacing the ignition wires and plugs and also a new fuel filter. I forgot to mention there is also a bad fuel smell that i get when the issue kicks in an when the ac is on it blows into the car. If anyone know whats goin on please help :(
did you remove or damage any sensors when you did your intake/ throttle body?