advice

cgoodin3160

well im at the point were i might seriously consider dumpin some money into my DA..i have a 90 DA LS with a b18b1 out of a 96 with matchin tranny..ive got the basics done but im now thinking of either goin all motor and throwin a vtec head or boostin... i know throwin some boost will be fun but how strong can this b18 go with an all motor??im sure that someone on here has an exact setup that i have so let the ideas roll!! thanks in advance

speedin

The Transporter
There are alot of people on here with each of those options. IMO all-motor is a waste. You better off slapping a s/c kit on and calling it a day than going down the expensive all-motor route. But thats a personal opinion MANY on here wont agree with.

If I were in your shoes id first do a compression test on the motor and check its health. Go through and do all the general maintenance stuff. Then id turbo it. Nothing crazy just a small turbo on low boost. 8psi is fairly reliable on the B18b it shouldn't give too many issues.

But as with any performance increase your going to be putting more stain on the engine, so it wont be as reliable as stock. But that goes for LS-V or boost.

Last edited:

j13

Keep It Clean
Yeah all motor seems more pricey and you'll end up wanting more.

If its a Daily Driven car, I wouldn't suggest boost, and go with a LSV. That's just MY opinion.

If its a project car, F/I.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
all motor

ls-vtec with itb's, internals, tuned.

the end.

actually, thats my dream.. lol!! i doubt i'll see it.. smog regs in cali suck balls..