aem v2 intake

Tegra_Devil

they say this is the intake of all intakes....on an integra...how does it perform and what increases did u find off it?.....GSR, TYPE-R, and regular gs/rs/ls....thnx

hadjie85

i read in a haynes spocom performance manual that for every 10 degrees of temperature drop in the air that goes into your intake, your power goes up about 1%. doesnt sound like much, but you figure, say on a type r, you get a 40 degree drop in temperature, thats an 8hp increase. and considering the v2 is a cai, and that the outside air is generally gonna be around 50 degrees cooler, thats not that big of a reach.

basically what ive heard is an air intake is an intake. one is not really better than another. watch for too many bends in the pipe, or one bend that is really sharp. other than that, im not sure the v2 is that big of a deal.

correct me if im wrong guys. :D

Baldy201

you are correct about the 1% for the 10 degrees in temp change.

The thing about a CAI is that it really doesnt take in colder air than a ram air intake. The reason people like it better is cause of the "bump" in torque around 3000 ro 4000 rpm. The reason the CAI does that and the Ram doesnt is because the CAI is longer and has better flow velocity at low RPM. Better flow velocity alows more air in the cylinders and better fuel atomization. The Ram air is better at higher RPM's since it is shorter.

think of breathing through a straw. The shorter it is the faster you can get air in. The longer it is the harder it is to breath.

DownShift96GSR

I'm not to sure on numbers on CAI vs V2 on a GSR but I know this much, they don't make a V2 for the Type R. Just put it this way. The bends on a GSR intake vs. a Type R intake are different. If you put a Skunk2 IM on your GSR, you're gonna want to get a TypeR intake so everything will fit right. Basically if you have a GSR and are gonna put a Skunk2 IM on, ignore the V2 cuz they don't have one that will fit.

Baldy201

The LS has the same placement as the Type R for the TB for an Intake tube. What i am trying to say is that and LS intake will fit a Type R.

ca86108

v2 is still shortram in my opinion. its got a cai tube inside THATS ALL. and plus think about it its still short the heat from ur engine will make it hot. ull have power untill ur engine gets really hot. and for the price of the v2 it aint worth it all u get is a loud sound WHOOOOOOOOO. just get aem or injen cai.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
well i'm gettin mine install on friday, i'll let you guys kno how it feels and sounds and so forth,

"The AEM V2 Intake utilizes a dual chamber (using two different diameters and lengths of piping), to create multiple frequency sound waves that help charge the cylinders with air throughout the entire rpm range. We have realized significant power gains—even over our original Cold Air induction systems—with the AEM V2. We are confident that it is the most sophisticated, power producing air induction system on the market."
-AEM

i'll post and let u guys kno how the v2 works on rsx

MoJoJoJo

Banned
its great..thats all i can say, got my money's worth. very happy with it

I got pics, let me kno if u wanna see it, i have it posted in other threads

Last edited:

Sti

Basically a short ram and a cold air are the same just be more careful with the cold air because it'll suck up water if ur deep enough. I think its was honda tuning magazine that did a test on all intakes short & cold air 2 find out which one is the best. From the fastest time to the slowest the score was just a thousands of a second different. Like on the 1/4 mile the fastest would be 15.2 & the slowest would be 15.9. The winner was the dragon intake it even bet the cold airs. :sleep:

MoJoJoJo

Banned
well the V2 for should be the solution, cuz they dont even leave the engine bay, but its not a short ram, AEM believes that it doesnt have to follow the sterotypes of intakes to make the best performing intake. AEM has broken the barrier, and AEM doesnt have a bypass valve for the v2 cuz it will cuz power lost but its not like need it cuz the v2 doesnt leave the engine bay, and it is fat, huge, if u want pics i can post it fo u, v2 is worth the money

Last edited:

civicsi94

i say go with ingen short ram air. y waste money on a CAI when ur not gonna feel a drastic difference?

Todd

token ex-mod
civicsi94 said:
i say go with ingen short ram air. y waste money on a CAI when ur not gonna feel a drastic difference?
why waste your money on a name brand sri when you're not going to notice a difference?

MoJoJoJo

Banned
to me its not wasting money, i mean i work hard, 9 hours a day 6 days a week, i'm not rich, trust me... but i dont wanna settle for less on my car, i take pride in my car and i want the right stuff, the good stuff, i dont wanna settle for second best. i wanan get my Money's Worth. "you get wat u pay for" and its true.

civicsi94

true but i havent had any problems with my cheap off brand ebay intake. cuz i am not gonna enter my car in any local shows or nothing but i recommend name brand parts for certain parts ya know. some parts u do have to go name brand. plus if u wanna show ur car off at any local car shows having name brand parts is a plus.