aftermarket 93 teg exhaust.

Khoshabalas

I'm having some trouble finding an exhaust for my 93. All i can really find is ebay crap or pacesetter (Which i have be contemplating.) I got about 450 for the exhaust, if i can't find anything soon (The muffler and cat are rusted COMPLETELY through) I'm going to a technical school to get some nice piping bent and a muffler put on. I just need a nice 2.5 exhaust. Thats all! lol
From what i've seen all the 93 exhaust is interchangable.

Joshmmc

Go straight to a manufacturer or order something in from a local shop.

Look at Megan, DC Sports, Tanabe, Magnaflow, Apexi, etc.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Why don't you just make an exhaust, have them bend the pipe all the way back from the cat to the back and just put a muffler on there

This is what I did since I live in illinois I don't need a cat, I took the cat off cut the flange off so I can just bolt right up to the down pipe, welded a really good bent pipe to the flange and then welded a muffler sideways under the trunk and then put my own tip at the end. It looks good and it sounds quiet until I rev it, then it sounds like a ricer but I only spent 130 on the exhaust so if you got 400 buy a REALLY nice high flow cat an muffler and just do what I did, and you wil have a good sounding exhaust

Khoshabalas

Yeah, I have been thinking about it. I just might. I just need to find a nice muffler. I live in tn So i dont think i need a cat.

Unless you have internal work done to your engine, 2.5" is larger than you need. You should go with a 60mm(2.36") at most.
I've never heard of Bosal...
Also, teh Megan header better have a 2.25" collector or you'll need a traction bar to make it fit properly. (I realize that notching out the cross member is an option too, but I don't like it.)

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I just stuck with the 2" piping that my car came with =/

Khoshabalas

I'm pretty sure i'm going ahead and getting some megan header, M-n1 muffler, a high flow cat and some piping. * Also I mean 2.25 in the first post. I need bigger then 2 inch cause i plan on a few mods soon i.e intake manifold, throttle body, headers.

Khoshabalas

So much trouble from this stupid little problem!
God, if i didn't love this car so much i'd be pretty mad!

Khoshabalas

Now, how much hp gaint would I expect from an AEM short ram? I don't know too much about short ram except it adds more mid/low end torqe

98IntegraRS

Now, how much hp gaint would I expect from an AEM short ram? I don't know too much about short ram except it adds more mid/low end torqe
sri is more high end torque with a cai being more mid/low, your hp gain will be very small you won't even notice the difference.

Khoshabalas

Yeah, I've heard so much stuff. I'm just confused as to my first mods. I have to replace the axle cause it broke last night =[