am I just missing something?

rockadilla

thats right.
Ok so my lil problem right now is when the engine is cold my engine makes a pretty harsh noise and it seems to me like the engine is a LITTLE bit more shakey (when i turn on the car the mirrors tend to shake a little).

Its hard to explain but it basically sounds like the valves need to be adjusted, like they are too tight or something. And it ONLY happens around 2-3k rpm. :what: But the noise typically goes away once the engine is warm. And Ive checked the clearances for the valves 3 times and they are good. (EX ~.019 mm. IN ~.010mm). Ive also cleaned my IACV, adjusted the idle screw, checked the spark plugs, and made sure all the belts were on right, but that did nothing for the noise. I also made sure that I tightened the engine mount that I took off when I changed the timing belt.

Which brings me the the fact that I have only heard the noise since I changed my timing belt a couple weeks ago. But the engine runs and revs smooth and there is no loss of power or anything.

Any ideas? could I have tightened the timing belt too tight? bent camshaft? something else? lol im running out of ideas. Any suggestions u guys can give would be helpful.

Whiteman51x

hey man u have my number lol call me ill help u fix it, sounds like u could be off a tooth on timing, or belt is not tensioned properly, did you remove the distributer? if so the ignition timing may be off.

valves taht are too tight will make it difficult to idle but rev up fine, tight valves will also burn. im guessing valves could be too tight, feeler guages can be tough to use sometimes, do you have a vacuum guage? you could check the manifold vacuum to see if your valves are in spec if i remember correctly. ill look in isis to see if there is a spec

just shoot me a text bro

Whiteman51x

another thing i forgto to mention is bad engine mounts, figure you were jacking up the engine and whatnot its possible you could have torn or cracked one, especially the rear mount which is the hardest to replac, i did mine when i put the itr motor in lolz