anyone here boosting on a ls?

milanoLS

like it says, it anyone here boosting on a ls? If so, how is it? What kit? Extras? dyno's? times?

Superesc

Its pretty reliable if tuned correctly, I am still driving it here in the North (Alberta,Canada). The best route I found was to piece together a kit, but its nice to have friends that had done it and have experience/knowledge in this area. If you don't, something like a Drag kit or revhard kit is good as long as you get better fuel management (Uberdata/Hondata/AEM). Also make sure you have somebody that can tune it (dyno/tuner). Last time I was on the dyno I only tuned mine to 6.5 psi at that was 188hp/174tq (mustang dyno), will need to get back on the dyno next season since I am running 7-9psi (3000ft attitude; 5-7 psi Absolute-sea level) daily. Boosting an LS is great in terms of best bang for your buck, but avoid cheaping out on parts 'cause in the end you will pay for it one way or another. Do it right and you'll have a lot of fun!

milanoLS

what turbo are you running? I want a small turbo like t25 or 14b. Just for a little kick. Not looking to ever go past 200hp. But maybe 180-200 on 8-9 psi tuned would be nice. Not a 1/4 mile guy either.

Superesc

running a T04E 50 trim w/.60 A/R compressor. T3 turbine .48 A/R with a stage 3 wheel

BoostedITR41

milanoLS said:
what turbo are you running? I want a small turbo like t25 or 14b. Just for a little kick. Not looking to ever go past 200hp. But maybe 180-200 on 8-9 psi tuned would be nice. Not a 1/4 mile guy either.

if you don't want more than 200whp just get a JRSC. the T25 and 14B will be just too small for your car