Anyone still shoot with Film?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I was cleaning up the office today when I started playing with the film cameras again. I keep trying to hide them because its become so expensive but wondered if anyone else still shoots with film?

For day to day activities I much rather shoot with film, if I'm really needing to get some good pictures without fail I would rather shoot with digital though. I think it's pretty clear where my devotion lies in the way of companies :) If it wasn't that I grew up with my Dad shooting Minolta I might have gone a different route but I still use his Maxxum 7000 he bought back in the 80's new and love every minute of it.

So I thought if we have more users shooting with film we should start a film thread?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
No. You wanna buy my film cameras? Lol Honestly I didn't get into takin photos til digital. I believe it took a better caliber of photographer to shoot strictly film because with digital you aren't wasting film tryin and now anyone can do it. Doesn't mean you're good but it opened up a lot of opportunity for the amateurs to get better faster. Basically made photography more user friendly to everyone. It's a good thing for me because the whole film thing for something I just do for fun is taxing. I kinda miss the days where you had to buy film for a camera though. It's nostalgic.

Saw this collection at a pho restaurant. Maybe a thread for camera equipment or collections!

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Damn I thought that was your collection, I def would have bought that Minolta 7s2 in there.

I like film for capturing nostalgic moments, it just looks more real to me. I feel like I'm actually there when I look at a film shot photo.

jbrown97ls

Disposable point and shoots... Haha. Ive used a few friends film cameras and loved it. It's more fun for day to day shooting IMO. I really want to get a cheap Canon ae-1 or something of that sort to get started.

Ambsteggy

Niners!
I do!!! I love photography, I have some really good black and white photos of my food I put on instagram!

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
heres what i have in film format

canon eos rebel s
canon eos a2e
canon eos 1n
mamiya 645 pro
mamiya rb67 pro
kueb 88

R13

The other asshole
Wait I'm lost, Is that Aussie's troll account? Lol