auto dizzy & manual dizzy

my integra

What is the difference between a 1990 acura integra B18 "auto trans" style distributor and a manual trans distributor. Can the manual one be used in place of the auto dizzy? Is it the rpm rev lilmit of the distributors? Any major differences? As I look at some manufacture suppliers they show both could be used. Seems the modules are the same.
thanks

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Lmfao according to autozone they are different, in fact they will waste 20mins of your time arguing with you about how they are different, because their computer list them as being so. Guess what, like ^^ he said, they are the same!

my integra

Well thats great. I removed the auto dizzy and installed the manual dizzy and it solved the problem I've had for months. The ecu never thru any codes over the entire time regarding anything was in error with the ignition system. Thats what it was! I have spent many hours trying to figure what was causing the abruptive miss and later started the car dying out. Most all chimed in it was the IACV, FITV, main fuel relay, ecu, fuel, fuel filter, and sensors etc. I only changed the IACV(which it needing it) thankfully. All other items checked ok.
The thing I found happening as the engine miss got worse over time was the rythum of the miss rpm was in sync with a revolution. I could pull each plug wire off one at a time while the engine was running and the engine would throttle down as it should. But that miss was not part of any one particular cylinder but like it was THE major source of ignition from a coil/pip/etc. . During any of this time when the engine would stay running I could stomp on the accelerator and the engine would accel right on upto 6 grand with not a miss period. But as soon as it would idle and upwards to say 1500 it would have the miss. Car would shudder atimes and stall. Would crank right back up.
So ever who reads this please keep in mind what I have tried to point out here in that the 90 Integra Ls B18 with its OBO will not show a code at all with this. And yes the ecu will show a code if you disconnect a sensor etc. But it IS NOT the dictionary to tell one of this problem.