Auto Integra Issue

vtecteggy617

So i just started getting a issue with my auto transmission. When im in the first three gears i can drive with no problem but once i get into 4th and im over 40mph if i let go of the gas i can hear a whine/grinding noise coming from my tranny.So if im on the highway i have to get to whatever speed im at then put it in neutral and let it glide until i brake and reach under 40then place it back in gear. ive drained/filled the tranny twice and but that issue still persists. Im not going 5speed because im giving this teggy to my little bro for graduation plus i bought another teggy shell thats a four door. Please help because im dead lost! Thanks in advanced

SupaMan

Id also say the torque converter is on its way out, These transmissions have locking converters. And they lock in 4th above 40mph depending on the throttle position. So id start looking for a replacement.

I would stop draining and refilling the fluid as well, Youre probably doing more damage than good. The only fix is a replacement.

vtecteggy617

Now I just found a shop selling a auto tranny for 200. He said its been sitting for about a year now but it was pulled from a running integra that was totaled. Come with a 60 day warranty. Worth it or try and get the converter replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ganyon

I'd grab it. Its pretty cheap. If it does go bad within those 60 days, you arent losing much.