AUX problem

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Hey guys I have a slight problem with my aux input on my Sony stereo. I have tried different cables and its not my phone. When I plug my phone into the aux I can play music but it's faint and only comes out of one side ofbmy car. When I mess with the cable and hold it a certain way it will be fine but when I let go it messes up again. So my question is this, could it just be the faceplate had some sort of short in it or something and I can just replace that or is it my whole stereo and I need to replace it?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I'd check the cable. They have a tendency to go bad easily. I've had the best luck with the flat cables.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
well in that case it's the stereo jack. It may be dirty, or have a loose connection. Does your phone work with other devices through the aux without any problems?

Ganyon

Get a can of air and try to blow it out. It could have trash in it. If that doesn't work, i'm sure you could buy the faceplate off ebay.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
well in that case it's the stereo jack. It may be dirty, or have a loose connection. Does your phone work with other devices through the aux without any problems?
Yeah I use it at work all the time to listen to music through cars I'm working on

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So it's the head unit's aux. Try to blow it out like Ganyon said. Or take some electrical cleaner and spray a qtip with it, then rub it around in there. You're just not getting a good connection.