Average cost to paint a rear bumper?

OneFastGSR

My brothers friend use to be the body person at honda here and I asked him how much to paint match my rear bumper granada black (He does really good work always looks flawless) The bumper i'm getting painted is a 98-01 bumper good condition no cracks or anything. But it was spray painted. He said he'd do it for $175 and he'll strip off all the spray paint/ paint under it etc prep it all that good crap and than paint match it to the car. Is that a good price?

silverteggy00

yes considering macco does bumpers for $150 but they don't use as good quality stuff i got a quote to paint my front bumper it was between $3-$400 id rather have macco do it for that price

Last edited:

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
get a quote from a shop. It might be expensive, because it was spray painted, meaning that the spray paint will need to be stripped off which is added to labor costs.

OneFastGSR

Well techincally that is a quote from a shop, He left honda because he made his own body shop. He's actually about to quit taking jobs cause shop renovations so I was going to try to get my rear bumper done before he can't do it. I just never spend money on cosmetics and 175 for paint seemed like alot but I guess not. Lol

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
$175 for the rear bumper to be repainted sounds like a really good deal to me, especially if you've seen his work and know it to be of high quality.