B18C5 ITR ( yay or nay) is it worth the price?

cidskater

B-18 C5 ITR ( yay or nay) is it worth the price

Im new to the site and i bought a 94 integra and i wanna do a moter swap and i was wondering if the jdm type r or b18 c5(what ever you wanna call it) is worth the money and why.Also,how much trouble would it be to drop. If any body knows please give me you input. Thanks

bluelightning

you may wanna check on the hassle the dmv is gunna give u and then decide wether it will be worth the hassle or not

cidskater

why what would be the problem at the dmv? are there any other concerns- is the motor's performance worth it besides the legalities? as in horsepower/good for mods?will i be able to get the hoses up there.overall is it worth it. or should i just go w/ the b-18a for half the price.please reply thanks

bluelightning

depending on were ur located its harder to get through emitions with a non stock engine but its worth it i think.
if u have problems with emitions with it find someone on the inside.

bluelightning

in general. but thats the only down fall i can think of thats why im just goin to stick with the b18a. cuz to me its not worth that to go from a to c. because i can produce enough horse power out of it to satisfy me. but all in all it really depends on you and what u wanna do with ur car.

cidskater

No im talking about jdm ,and im not going from a to c im going u.s LS to b-18c Im just making sure its not a bad idea.I never thought about putting type-r emblems on it but it will be one when im done with it hopefully I have a while to go so emblems are the least of my worries.Does anybody know any other jdm motor sites all i have found so far is (japanstar.com)and(streetimports.com) id like to find a better price.

Red@8

I definetly think it is a good idea. The swap from b18b to c has been done plenty of times so you should not have any trouble dropping into your car. Something that might also work well for you might be a b18c1 its not has much HP as the c5 but is cheaper and has just as many if not more possibilites for upgrades.

Baldy201

some more JDM motor sites are, nipponmotors.com, quite possibly the best on. another one is inlinefour.com they sell jdm motors, also jdmhondaparts.com. those are the good ones that I have found through my searches.

IntegraGSR

GSR

Go B18C1 dont pay the extra 1 or 2 thousand for the 20 more ponys, the gsr has the same potential and it will be more economic, but you really got to look at all your options and what your goals are, maybe you would like the H22 swap or just keep the LS motor build it and Turbo it, it is all up to you and what your goals are if you are more show het the Typre R it will score you some points but if you like performance get the GSR it is more economic.

cidskater

Does the h-22 take much fabrication would that be better than a b-18c1 gsr.i never looked into that motor whats the specs on that.i dont now what i want yet out of my car i dont think i want an all show car car. i definetly want speed.that jdm type-r would just be so cool to have but i dont want alot of hassle.