B20/VTEC a good setup? How much HP? info please

hyper98gsr

lmao you guys are brutal.

evilolive. you wouldn't bore out to 84mm unless you were gonna sleeve it. if you dont, you probably wouldn't even get 5 passes. but with sleeves, the motor is pretty reliable.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
hyper98gsr said:
lmao you guys are brutal.

evilolive. you wouldn't bore out to 84mm unless you were gonna sleeve it. if you dont, you probably wouldn't even get 5 passes. but with sleeves, the motor is pretty reliable.
yes, you can sleeve it to any size you want. up to about 87 is when theres you start taking up room in the water jacket, and the size between the cylinders is too small yet again.

you can re sleeve LS sleeves with B20 sleeves. thats what my friend did. well, his insurance comany did, something with his block broke, so they put in those sleeves with like 9.0 compression pistons.

if you are going to sleeve it, i owuld suggest you send it to Dan Benson, his sleeved blocks are the best in the business. good up to 70 PSI before the head will rise off the block

Baldy201

I had my wires crossed. I was wrong about the B18c's being bored out to 84mm. It can be done you just need pins to support the cylinder walls. I appologize. :oops:

hyper98gsr

buy pins i assume you mean block guards. those suck. get full sleeves. i know darton and eagle make geat sleeves. i know cars with each. you get the full support from the sleeve, plus they have coolant tunnels for lower engine temps. without them it gets petty hot in there.

Last edited:

hyper98gsr

Eviloliv3 said:
yes, you can sleeve it to any size you want. up to about 87 is when theres you start taking up room in the water jacket, and the size between the cylinders is too small yet again.
right. i do NDI(non-destructive inspection) for a living. that's using magnaflux, radiology, dye penetrant, etc to find defects in metals. i have seen a head come in that was over bored way past the limit. i think it as like 91mm or something(it was too damaged to get a diameter reading). he said he started it up and it "popped." what happened was there was so little aluminum left between the cylnder walls that just starting it up made a hole. then the pistons did the rest. needless to say the block was shot.

Baldy201

Pinning cylinder walls is an alternitive to buying block guards. what they do is basicly drill a hole in the side of your block then slide a metal rod through at high pressure points on the cylinder walls. I have seen pictures of this done so I know that it can be done but i can seem to find those pictures.