Best kind of antenna?

dudeskee1325

So I get some of the worst reception with my stock antenna, plus I don't really like how it has to go up and down every time I turn my radio and car on or off. Those of you that have installed new/different antennas; which ones get the best reception and look good while doing it??

pinatigerdc4

Well for the looks and reception I got the shark V2 antenna. To my stock stereo. Works perfectly. Looks clean. I personally love the stock antenna. I wish mine didn't break off. There's reviews around here about the shark v2 btw

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Ganyon

I have the shark2. I hate it. I get 1 station and that hardly picks up. Its worthless.

94RS

No fucks given.
The cheap one held up to me washing the car in my yard :lol: And that Scosche you linked is identical the cheap one I have. :what:

dudeskee1325

The cheap one held up to me washing the car in my yard :lol: And that Scosche you linked is identical the cheap one I have. :what:
Gotcha! It was hard to tell from the pictures on the ebay page! :oops:

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol: No worries. I measured it earlier after I posted, the mast is 13.5" compared to the Scosche 14".

I angled mine a little cuz I didn't like the straight up look, but here it is.

dudeskee1325

Looks clean. Easy to install? Does the factory cable fit into it or do you have to run a new one?

Sent from my motherbox

94RS

No fucks given.
It only took me like 20mins to install, but I ran into some problems. Easiest to install by taking it completely apart and run metal part from the base from the inside to the outside then reconnect the base. The little arm things that hold it to the frame are too wide to slide into the hole, and I didn't wanna widen the hole in case I go back to a power antenna later on.

It connects to the OEM wire with the included connector thing. Basically you slide it over the wire, slice the outside of the OEM wire on both sides and slide the wire from the over the plastic insulator inside, then tighten the connector and put electrical tape over it all.

Looks like I'm rambling, but it makes more sense when it's in front of you :lol:

dudeskee1325

:lol: I know what you mean! I'll probably get it and maybe do a write up when I install it thanks to you!

Sent from my motherbox