best turbo for my build?

00tegls

i have a lsvtec with a b16 head. it has percision 1000cc injectors/ edlebrock victor x manifold and a rebuilt head (no aftermarket parts) im planning on rebuilding the head and maybe skunk2 pro2 cams and forged pistons, eagle rods arp head studs skunk composite fuel rail and a few other things. im shooting for around 500whp dailydrivin so i want something reliable but i dont want alot of lag. i wanna be able to pull up next to a mustang and walk him at the light lol if anyone could suggest any other parts that will help my build it would be much appreciated

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Street racing is stupid.

With that said,
The above mentioned turbo will be suitable, I'd recommend a ball bearing turbo. That's going to be pushing the limits of streetable

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Gt3582...my personal opinion...a lil expensive but well worth the money

00tegls

lol im not looking to street race anymore, lost my licence because of it i just want something that will keep every ricer from trying to race me. plus my dad doesnt think a 4cyl can beat his mustang. he will be proven wrong lol

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
i have a lsvtec with a b16 head. it has percision 1000cc injectors/ edlebrock victor x manifold and a rebuilt head (no aftermarket parts) im planning on rebuilding the head and maybe skunk2 pro2 cams and forged pistons, eagle rods arp head studs skunk composite fuel rail and a few other things. im shooting for around 500whp dailydrivin so i want something reliable but i dont want alot of lag. i wanna be able to pull up next to a mustang and walk him at the light lol if anyone could suggest any other parts that will help my build it would be much appreciated
For 500whp and not a lot of lag, look into a billet 6262 from precision. If you get it in the jb option you dont have to buy waterlines.

A 5857 might be able to do the trick but thats stretching it as far as efficiency and fuel might go.

Otherwise you can also look into borg warner turbos, specifically the S362.

As far as what A.R to go with, id stick with a .63 or a .82ar since it seems like your setup may be geared to high rpms.

With 500hp you might have issues walking a mustang at a stop light to stoplight unless you have really good traction.

Id suggest less power and more traction modifications instead, just my .02.

LSD, good tires, traction bar, motor mounts ,etc play a big part in putting that power to the ground.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
For 500whp and not a lot of lag, look into a billet 6262 from precision. If you get it in the jb option you dont have to buy waterlines.

A 5857 might be able to do the trick but thats stretching it as far as efficiency and fuel might go.

As far as what A.R to go with, id stick with a .63 or a .82ar since it seems like your setup may be geared to high rpms.

With 500hp you might have issues walking a mustang at a stop light to stoplight unless you have really good traction.

LSD, good tires, traction bar, motor mounts ,etc play a big part in putting that power to the ground
^THIS, and you can beat a mustang gt with an all motor set-up, 500 whp is just over kill

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
The old GT's are slow. I was walking those and 01 cobras from digs with 298/210. The new GT's are a whole different story.

Kyle

I like what AlexD says, power doesn't mean shit if you can't put it to the ground effectively.

00tegls

LSD, good tires, traction bar, motor mounts ,etc play a big part in putting that power to the ground.
thanks alex youve been a great help and yes your probably right about the hp maybe ill tone it down a bit but im looking to build a show/dd car so i want to get the wow factor from a 500whp rhd teg even though i know its gonna take me awhile to get the motor to that lol but thanks :) do you have any other suggestions to maybe get to my goal? sorry im new to the motor world i know most of the parts, just not how to put them together to make good power without hurting anything

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
The best thing about the JB 6262 is 1. Its 500 dollars cheaper, 2. Its cheaper to rebuild should you have to do so and the spool time difference between the JB and BB is very minimal I am talking 300rpms.

500whp is never over kill ;)

Tration can be obtained by the means others have stated, but also a thing called Boost By Gear and throttle control