Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
The rest of it looks like any other bike without bodywork,
Besides that fucking air box hanging out up top :lol:

the headlights look like some kind of star wars 1980s top secret military android conspiracy shit. :lol:
Yeah, it does look kinda derpy :lol:

That haze is why I never park my bikes in the sun if I can help it.

I didn't exactly have control of where it was parked the past 13 years. :lol: I either park it in the shade, or it's under the cover on the side of my house.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
God damn, already? Between this shitfest of a room build and the fteenthousand exhaust manifold debauchery it seems like just yesterday it was cold weather and you had just gotten it. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Fuck... according to Instagram I've had the fteenthousand since Feb 18th, didn't realize it had been that long...

Fuck I need this shit finished so I can get started on getting the R1 :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.

I didn't take care of the wheels, so they're still filthy.... I'm gonna see if I can take that s***ty black paint off somehow and polish up the bare aluminum.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Aircraft remover would probably do it, or paint thinner since it's already falling off :lol:

I kinda like the black though, I might change it to gunmetal but I like the dark centers.

As for polishing the lip I did it to the YZ's front wheel with turtlewax polishing compound from the parts store and a drill mount polishing pad like the 3m headlight kit comes with.

Looked pretty good, could probably get a better finish with something else, but that's a cheap method.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Aircraft remover would probably do it, or paint thinner since it's already falling off :lol:

I kinda like the black though, I might change it to gunmetal but I like the dark centers.

As for polishing the lip I did it to the YZ's front wheel with turtlewax polishing compound from the parts store and a drill mount polishing pad like the 3m headlight kit comes with.

Looked pretty good, could probably get a better finish with something else, but that's a cheap method.
I'll try the paint thinner since I'm afraid the aircraft remover might f*** up the lips :lol:

I already have a can of that Turtle Wax polishing compound, but I think some aluminum polish would bring a little more out of it. As for the drill mount pad, I was gonna pickup a Mothers PowerCone because I wanted one anyway, now I have a reason to get it :rolf:

Aaaaand I just remembered that I still need to get tires and brakes... :evil:

R13

The other asshole
Always figured the cone was too soft to polish effectively, takes a pretty dense foam pad and a decent amount of pressure to get the results I got out of the YZ's front wheel.

But I've also never used the powercone. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Finally adjusted the brake lever and shifter down to match the Lightning pegs. Hopefully no more missed 2nd or locking up the rear :rolf:

I hate polishing chrome or aluminium because I tend to 'burn' into it. So fuc that polishing!!!

You must stay in one spot too long :lol:

The good news is that the black paint is flaking off with my nail, so it should come off relatively easy.

SoundEfx

Yeh. It tends to go like 'This is doing nothing, this is doing nothing, this is doing nothing..... holy fuc, what's that black spot?'

No offense, but the bike next to the teg looks like you're against square lights on your vehicles....lol

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol: There's a possible insult in there?

The bugeyes on the Integra are one of my favorite parts of the car.

The double rounds on the Buell are one of the things that set it apart from other bikes of that time. If the headlight surrounds were filled in, it would look like a bad R6 knockoff.

Besides that, some of my favorite bike designs are the early 90s FZR600 and the ZX7. I have a thing for double rounds, which is part of drew me into the Ruckus community :lol:

SoundEfx

It's bad that I had to google the bikes you listed....lol

I hear you with the Teg's round head lights. My friends hate it though.

I could understand spending that amount of money on a bike, but a ruckus, I just can't.