Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
It just comes with a rivet link, and since this isn't a 1000cc there's no need for it. I'd rather have a clip style master link in case I want to remove the chain for something.

94RS

No fucks given.
I wasn't moving and it barely fell over. Other than the snapped peg, the sliders took most of the damage.

The turn signal, mirror and brake lever all have small gashes in them though... Since I'm OCD about shit like that, I'm replacing them :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Ah so they did take damage. Didn't think they made it out of that unless it fell over on the edge of the driveway and the upper part of the bike landed in grass.

I don't blame you... as much money as you have in it, scraped mirrors would be a fucking blight on it :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Luckily, the engine case slider did its job and stopped it from going any further.

Otherwise my right side scoop, headers, chin fairing and frame puck would have all been fucked up.

The bar end didn't even get touched because the tip of the brake lever stopped it.

R13

The other asshole
I hate long ass levers :lol:

The F4's shorties aren't as short as I'd like, but they still let my pinky stay on the bar so that's good enough.

I wanted 2 finger shorties, but y'know.. China :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
I hate those shorty levers, they came on the C70 and we're complete shit :lol:

OEM replacement levers for my bike are under $60/set.... and comfortable :lol:

At least now I have a replacement clutch lever for when the paint wears off :lol:

R13

The other asshole
I've got big ass hands so 2 fingers is all I need to shift/brake.

I hated short levers as a kid because y'know, tiny fucking hands :lol: but now I fucking hate long levers.

R13

The other asshole
You were right on those two hoses... they have clamps on the open end for reasons unknown, but they're just vent hoses.

Ideally I'd love to just replace all the hoses on this bike because sitting out in the weather has dry rotted every damn one of them :lol: but for now it seems I just need the fuel return hose which is an 8mm ID fuel hose. I'm gonna see if the 5/16" hose parts stores carry is close enough, if not the oem hose is only $7 from Motosport.

R13

The other asshole
Here's where I post my $36 spark plugs and you go "The XB just uses some regular $2/ea plugs" :lol:

Brake pads should be here the 3rd, everything else 3-7 days behind them... then those fucking valve shims. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah... They're $4.95 each :rolf:

But I don't have the patience to change them myself since the bike has to be torn down, so.... Much more than $36 :lol: