Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Well that’s a bunch of bullshit...

Stumbled on this old ad... fucker was supposed to come with dirt wheels too... That dealership was grimey as fuck, could’ve guessed they were scumbags.

R13

The other asshole

Welp... if you’ll excuse me I’m gonna go cuss that pompous shitbrained moron who sold me this bike for no other reason than to make sure he knows he should never turn another bolt on a mechanical device ever again in his life...

He bragged after I bought it about all the “fresh” engine work he had done to it... yeah like the carbon build up on the valves that’s so thick it’s chunky, and the fact that he pulled the stator cover, ripped the gasket, and put it back with no rtv or anything, and proceeded to leave it out in the rain so this nasty shit could happen... Now I gotta pull the flywheel and hope I can see the crank bearing or a seal well enough to know if I gotta split the case just to replace them because they’re rusted too...

R13

The other asshole
Oh... it took me this long to notice, but I thought the rear caliper guard on Scary was gone... no, I found it [emoji23]

Needless to say I’ll be adding a chain guard to my parts list.

94RS

No fucks given.
Why’s it look like it’s plastic over the caliper, but anodized aluminum over the sprocket? [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
That fucking sumo is starting to turn into the XB when I got it....

“Oh what’s that, one thing wrong? lol here’s three more the previous owner did ghetto”

R13

The other asshole
Yeah, I got that sense before I bought it when I saw the stretched gixxer sitting next to it, but it ran so I wasn’t about to leave it after turning a 4 hour trip into a 13 hour trip just for that damn thing.

I just hope like hell thats the end up the fucked up engine shit, but it probably isn’t considering the rtv smushed out from the headgasket...

R13

The other asshole
Just gonna throw this out there as another reason you don’t leave motorcycles outside [emoji23]

Fork seals look okay though so that’s good news. Also found a magnet in the rotor and a trail tech speed sensor on the caliper so that partially explains some of the seemingly pointlessly hacked wiring.

So now the question is am I dedicated enough to fix it if there ends up being engine issues, or will I just keep the good parts and cut my losses? Right now the only question is money because the list keeps getting longer. $40 steering stem bearings here, $80 wiring harness there... $130 in clutch perch/levers/cables/control essentials... it gets real expensive fast for not a lot of progress.

Although I will probably just make a new wiring harness for it with my own preferred connectors and sleeving for like $30-$40.