"Black Box" Thieves? What do you think it is?

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
How the heck do you protect yourself from one of these? A guy over at H-T was saying he thinks it may be a sort of master remote that has many codes in it that when activated, starts sending out all signals until one works.

[YOUTUBE="Mystery Black Box"]l7OadDz3Ums[/YOUTUBE]

- Aaron

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You find creative ways to disable your car in other ways. Fuel pump switch or pulling a critical fuse out of the fuse box etc.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Doesn't look like there stealing the car. Just whats inside. Almost preventative on that side of things.
Clifford has an anti code grabbing in there system.
To me, it looks like it only disables the OEM alarm. Just get an aftermarket alarm and call it a day

TheSkygun

i don't think that guy in the escalade had an oem alarm with all that crap he had haha. but seriously -.- now i feel like i have to take my sub with me where ever i go, lucky i dont leave valuable in my car.

SoundEfx

Where there is a will, there is a way.
If thieves would put their energy into good things, the world would be such a better place.

It seems as if the lesson here is don't leave anything valuable in your car.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Sure, they aren't stealing your car but they will have greater access to taking the car being inside. Regardless, they messing with our property!
Friend of a friend once went to a restaurant, parked his Accord outside and went in. After eating his meal, went back outside, got in his car and drove away. A few miles down the road, he got arrested for stealing the car! He comes to find out there was an identical Accord in the parking lot and he mistakenly got in the wrong one and his keys worked... Talk about bad luck!

Last edited: