Body Swap.

squirrell

The Squirrell Is Back
I have an 1988 integra that i am looking to change the headlight system on my car. looking to go to non flip up style. i am wondering if the hood from a second gen will fit. any help so you all would be nice. and another thing where can i get aftermarket body styling parts.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
is graveyardhippy still around?

he'd be the man to talk to about 1st gen's and body parts... as for the hood... I don't think it would fit... do they make a kit that just replaces the headlight spot?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i believe ive seen a 1st gen integ with the non-flip up headlights.. but i could be wrong.. it might have been the preludes..

how does the jdm 1st gen looks like? do they still have the flip-ups?

graveyardhippie

i'm still here, i just moved down to nc this week, and i dont have internet at my house yet, so i'll be scattered on here for a while. i'm pretty certain the hood on the g2 is too big. i'm unsure if it's been tried, but you may find that the g1 crx would fit. no promises, but a lot off those cars fit ours, maybe you could get that front end to bolt on.if i get a chance to look at a g2 sometime soon i'll let you know for sure.

squirrell

The Squirrell Is Back
body swap

That would be cool. I am tring to do things with this car that hasn't been seen before. i have ordered headlight for it that are wrap arounds. so i can get rid of them damn pop up lights. And also still looking for an aftermarket turbo manifold that will fit that car. See i know that the block is a D16A1 but not sure where the head came from. So not sure what manifold will work on it. i have just ordered a t3/t28 flange so i can bolt the GT28 on it. I know nothing about honda motors other than you can make them fast. been working on a custom body kit that i am making for it and ordered new rims. so i guess one thing at a time untill i can figure out what manifold i need.

Last edited:

graveyardhippie

the d-series manifolds should all be the same, b/c i've seen people use the hf on these, and someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but that manifold works with all other d-series engines which means the G1's are the same bolt pattern.

heykosal

Angkorian
Custom make the headlights. Take out the flip-ups and fab a bracket and housing to hold the bulbs. Then fab a plexiglass or whatever cover that matches the hood. Like some cars that have flip-ups but swap them for racing. Like C5-Rs

or like RX-7s headlight conversions

But youre most likely going to need to custom make it.

squirrell

The Squirrell Is Back
body swap

Yea i hear ya. there is something about driving down the street and then all of a sudden these lights come folding up, that is kinda sweet. do you know any place that custom makes carbon fiber hoods?