Bolt stuck in bushing and rotating

Eds90LS

Drilling is an option, Get a couple of good drill bits and go at it.

Drilling will also heat the hell out of the bolt which just might turn it loose.

PS: Torch near the gas tank is fine unless you have a leak or are holding the flame near an opening into the tank, there's not enough oxygen in the tank to just suddenly explode or anything dramatic.

I'm not worried about an explosion. Particularly the filler hose being directly above the bushing is very risky. Many years ago, I caught a fuel line on fire in an air-cooled VW....a simple slip with a grinder.

I have talked to someone that's done it with a sawzaw. I'll just have to take off the hub and backing plate.

You guys using torches can take whatever risks you want to. I don't realy care how many people suggest it. Yes, I've never done this, or much on an Acura, but I've been working on my own cars and bikes for over 45 years. What I have learned in that time is, Ed's law. If it can go wrong, it'll happen to me.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Do you have a gas leak?
No*
Are you going to set the torch flame on the gas tank or gas lines?
No*

You're good man...

Eds90LS

It did take me about 4 hours to do this, mostly because I took a lot of breaks...no hurry on my part and I like to let my batteries cool down It took only two fully charged XRPs, but I rotated them because they get hot under continuous use.

....and I did it without damaging my trailing arm, or original control arm. I can reuse it if I decide I don't like the other, with new bushings of course. It was really pretty easy compared to some of the things I've done.

No problem.
Once I got the slice positioned correctly, I cut, pulling upward from above all the way thru.

It's worth the effort.

When I got it, it had 125 hail dents on it, bone stock, shattered windshield, and not too much paint left, but well maintained. Now 168k miles.....so far, so good. I had a 76 Datsun B-210 25 years ago, so this is only my 2nd Japanese car. I'm keepin' it.

Last edited: