Boosted D16

firstgentnr

I am planning on building up my d16a3 and boosting it. i wanna get the head milled and new cams and forged pistons. what else should i get for the motor before boosting it? and where can i get some good cams?

Last edited:

graveyardhippie

i think that's what my friends gonna be runnin in his LS engine, so let me find the equal parts from his list for our engine and i'll get back. i'm in nc on vacation, so it could be a week before i find it all. so fair warning

firstgentnr

thats cool. ive spent about 4 months tryin to find someone with a g1 that wants to build it up. so ive got time. besides i have a $200 insurance payment this week. so low budget right now anyways. but thanks.

GSR94

firstgentnr said:
I am planning on building up my d16a3 and boosting it. i wanna get the head milled and new cams and forged pistons. what else should i get for the motor before boosting it? and where can i get some good cams?
I would get knew valve springs and lifters just to be safe. One of my buddy's turboed his SI with the stock valve springs and one shot down through a piston. Also make shore you have a good exaust to get rid of unwanted back preser. Your off to a good start though goodluck8)