Boosted ls, what rods u recommend??

ltrain

when doint a turbo set up for the ls what rods would u recomend?? and does the engine have to be removed to replace rods???

Baldy201

Golden Eagle rods are fine. Basicly any aftermarket rods are fine. Just make sure that you get ARP or AEBS rod bolts. Technicly the engine doesnt have to be removed to take out the rods. You will have to take off the head, header, oil pan, windage tray to get at the rod bolts.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
ARP and AEBS are just companines. They just make better/stronger parts.

ARP stands for "Automotive Racing Products" Click for Link

The rod bolts are CNC machined, and are heat treated. Pic below.

AEBS stands for "Advanced Engine Breathing Systems" Click for Link
They make a lot of high performance parts including intake manifolds, electric water pumps, cams, and heads.

ltrain

ty 4 the info.... 1 more question what are machined cams?? i know what cams are but machines???

ltrain

oh ok cuz the plan is me selling my gsr and doing a slight ls build with turbo i figure ill get new rods plus bolts and get the cams machined. (which is basically like getting new stock cams though right??)

Baldy201

I would get new cams. If they are use your stock cams and then machine them, it is not as good. What they will do is weld on more material to your stock cams then machine to them to specs. They are not as good as cast cams because cast cams are all one material where the machined cams are 2 materials. There is more of a chance to break under stress.

ltrain

what cams would u recomend for a ls turbo set up ? low compression of course is a must...