Brake light issue

tman327

Hey whats up, new to the forums. I bought a 1990 Integra LS about a month ago and have an issue with my brake lights not working. The running lights are fine; no probs there, but when I apply brakes, lights don't brighten up. I replaced the sensor/switch that goes to the brake pedal, but that didn't seem to change anything. Also tried replacing the fuse under HORN/BRAKE (20 amp) but those pop the instant I put one in. I'm assuming that I have a short somewhere, my question is where I should start looking. Is there any particular part that is common to check in an instance like this? Any and all input is appreciated :D

master_tech

welcome tman327, are both horns working? try disconnecting the (2) horns from the circuit and install a new 20amp fuse, recheck the brake lights. i have seen horn(s) short out internally and blow fuse 37 .. good luck!

larp

bay area chillin
try changing the bulbs.. i had nearly the same problem and it fixed it

tman327

Thanks for the input. Turns out that one of the horn wires was groundeing out, so problem solved :) although only having one horn hooked up is really weak; it barely cherps lol

Prozon

Kris
But it gives you the chance to buy some aftermarket ones that will really make some noise haha.