Brake Light

AcuraInt3gra

So like yeah, can anyone tell me how to get rid of my brake light. You know, the one for the ebrake. Its not a sensor because i checked it. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still on when i put the ebrake all the way down. And also, my ABS light is on too. How do i get rid of that one?

hyper98gsr

check your brake fluid. if it gets below the fill line the light will come on.

for the abs, all i can say is check the connections and sensors.

AcuraInt3gra

hyper98gsr said:
check your brake fluid. if it gets below the fill line the light will come on.

for the abs, all i can say is check the connections and sensors.
Ohhhhhhh ok great thanks alot. I never thought of that. It did look kind of low. Now what to do about the ABS light?

hyper98gsr

that one is more tricky. try resetting your ecu. disconnect your neg. battery terminal for about 5 mins. if it comes back then the problem is real.

AcuraInt3gra

hyper98gsr said:
that one is more tricky. try resetting your ecu. disconnect your neg. battery terminal for about 5 mins. if it comes back then the problem is real.
Hmm..i tried the disconnect neg battery terminal already and it still lights up. I have to try the ECU thing. What is the ECU system composed of? WIres and hoses right?

AcuraInt3gra

hyper98gsr said:
unplugging you neg. battery terminal does reset the ecu.
Well, i did everything you posted and it didnt seem to work. I think its time to let a mechanic take a look at it before i mess anything up.

4banger

i have the same abs problem but about the ebrake u prob have a short to ground on a wire, with a diagram i can help u out.

hyper98gsr

for abs lights, i wouldn't tinker with any wires. if it deployes your car is totaled until a dealer can reinstall it. bring it to someone. did the brake light go out though?

EDIT** IM SORRY I WAS THINKING OF THE SRS LIGHT.

Last edited:

AcuraInt3gra

I DID IT!! I made that brake light go away. I just filled my thing with brake fluid and it went away. Thanks to who ever suggested that!! Now to work on that ABS light.

DownShift96GSR

If I was you I'd let a mechanic check your ABS man. Don't ruin the ABS, I think its one of the best features of the GSR.........

AcuraInt3gra

Where are the ABS Sensors located?? And that fuse? Yea i do agree the ABS is one of the best features on the GSR.

hyper98gsr

im sorry. i was thinking of the srs light.^^

maybe you should check the lines at the control arm. they might be damaged. if its a bogus code resetting the ecu would've taken care of it. try it again since you filled your fluid. pump your brakes a couple times too.

what year is your gsr? i know the obd2a ecu gives a lot of bogus cel's. thats why i switched to a jdm obd2 ecu. 1 o2 sensor and half the dumb cel's

Last edited: