Broken cam cap/journal..

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I honestly think that would be fine. The part that you ground off doesn't even touch the cam. Set the cam in the cam journals and look and where the end of the cam lands on this cap. I would grind it more to get rid of that stress crack though. You want that completely gone.

BellyUpFish

Ok, so I busted out the cracked area.. It was ready to go and smoothed it as best I could with the tools on hand..

I have a new found respect for dentists..

Still usable you think?

Nick_C78

Sounds good..

I'll use it, if I have a catastrophic failure I'll give you guys my address.

We'll have a build party. ;)
Oh man, how do I put this nicely...I am not in to gay orgies. Ohh ohh a build party. Sorry, my mistake.

95B18BTurbo

What is funny is that I have a couple of those laying around the garage. lol Thinks back to the non vtec days...

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Just pull the valve cover and check this cam cap in a couple miles.
The worst case is its wearing weird and you go get another cam cap like you were going to anyways.

BellyUpFish

Yeh, I'll give it a shot.

95B18B, wanna part with one if I need it?

On a side note, how do you guys feel about eGay gaskets for the nonessential stuff?

I'm getting OEM head gaskets, etc, but thought about picking up a cheap eBay kit for the inevitable "ahh forgot to order that.."

Muckman

Not a M0derator
In addition to the Head gasket I would recommend OEM for the valve cover and oil pan gaskets. I've had issues with aftermarket versions of those gaskets being "too loose" and impossible to install. Everything else I'd say is non essential.

95B18BTurbo

Sure just let me know if that one doesn't work out and I'll look in the garage.

As far as gaskets, I usually use Fel Pro valvecover gaskets, but they cannot be reused. For some reason like Muckman stated, they are too loose after pulling the valvecover unlike OEM ones. OEM is the only way to go for the oil pan, unless you are in a bind to get you by.

BellyUpFish

Excellent. Sounds like my plan should work.

Putting in my gasket order tonight. Can't wait to see what I forget. LOL