CAI hydrolock question

95teg

a long 'cold air' intake vs. a 'ram air' intake is like 1-3 hp.. if u need them that bad then go through the hassle to take it apart all the time or just get a ram and call it a day.. and get alot more air flow than stock...

mist3r Lin

I've never had a problem with water in my CAI.

As for those of you who are wondering, it's called "hydrolock"

Hydrostatic lock, hydraulic lock or hydrolock occurs when liquids, typically water, enter an engine cylinder. This can occur from a coolant, oil or fuel leak, but the chief cause is drawing water into the engine through the air induction system (airbox & filter, ducting, throttle body or carburetor, intake manifold). Internal combustion engines (spark or compression ignition) operating on a two-stroke or four-stroke cycle must employ a compression stroke to compress the charge (usually an air/fuel mixture). Liquids are incompressible; the presence of a liquid in the engine cylinder during the compression stroke generates destructively high cylinder pressures.

DC2LSVTEC

with a cold air intake, rainy days and puddles are your enemies, stay away from them if you can, in fact, just get a bypass valve, aem sells them with their cold air intakes, or you could go for a AEM V2 intake or Comptech Ice Box

santi826

with a cold air intake, rainy days and puddles are your enemies, stay away from them if you can, in fact, just get a bypass valve, aem sells them with their cold air intakes, or you could go for a AEM V2 intake or Comptech Ice Box
I know this is an old thread but I thought the V2 was pretty much a cold air intake? can someone who has one tell me where exactly the filter is located?