CAI sucked up water....check engine light

00'ACINTEGRA

HAVING TROUBLE I HAVE A 2000 INTEGRA 2DR WITH AN AFTER MARKET COLD AIR INTAKE ANYWAY I WAS DRIVING IN VERY WET CONDITIONS THE OTHER DAY AND SUCKED A SIZEABLE AMOUNT OF WATER ON TO MY INTAKE ENOUGH TO CAUSE MY ENGINE TO STALL OUT THREE TIMES BEFOR I COULD MAKE IT HOME NOW MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WILL NOT SHUT OFF AND FUEL MILAGE SEEMS TO HAVE DECREASED AS WELL AS AN INCREASE IN CARBON OUT PUT AS IS EVIDENT AT THE TAIL PIPE IN THE MANNER OF BLACK DEPOSITS OR BUILD UP WHICH PREVIOUSLY DID NOT OCCURE:evil: ANY TIPS ON HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THIS PROBLEM WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Baldy201

Sorry to say it dude but you blew you engine. You most likely screwed over you piston rings or bent something out of wack. That black soot is probably oil burning. Did you notice what color your exhaust gas is?

00'ACINTEGRA

Baldy201 said:
Sorry to say it dude but you blew you engine. You most likely screwed over you piston rings or bent something out of wack. That black soot is probably oil burning. Did you notice what color your exhaust gas is?
NO COLOR WHAT SO EVER STILL HAVE POWER FROM ENGINE AS WELL ANY WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE?

00'ACINTEGRA

Baldy201 said:
YOUR TALKING ABOUT SMOKE OF ANY KIND FROM THE EXHAUST AT THE TAIL PIPE END CORRECT?

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
Your engine is ruined, i did the same thing and blew my moter, here, look at my piston rods after my accident, ull have to get a new engine,

. Good luck with a new motor, might as well drop in a B18c1, or GSR if u blew a LS, i wish i woulda.

Last edited:

GSRawe

dc2nr said:
thats why CAI is bad.
let me extend that... thats why CAI is bad when you live in wet or dusty areas...

Baldy201

00'ACINTEGRA said:
NO COLOR WHAT SO EVER STILL HAVE POWER FROM ENGINE AS WELL ANY WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE?
The only way to know for sure is to open up the engine and see.

ca86108

i got cai... and i suck up water from time to time... but yea i got black soot shit shootin out my exhaust.. but my engine is cool.. and no problems

dc2nr

ca86108 said:
i got cai... and i suck up water from time to time... but yea i got black soot shit shootin out my exhaust.. but my engine is cool.. and no problems

do a compression check and tell me ur numbers, then we will see how fine ur motor is sucking up water.

00'ACINTEGRA

WELL THANKS FOR THE WORST NEWS A FOOL CAN GET ON A TUES MORNING IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS ANY OTHER HELPFUL INPUT IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED WISH MY 94 HAD NEVER BEEN STOLEN THAT WAS MY BABY THIS 00' SEEMS TO BE MORE TROUBLE THAN IT EVER WAS OF COURSE TIMING IS EVERYTHING ISNT IT WELL ANYONE GOT A GREAT MOTOR FOR AN EVEN BETTER PRICE OR AT LEAST TIPS ON A REBUILD E-MAIL ME AT jctanton@msn.com its gonna be a great year i can just feel it thanks for the input and to all others listen up IF YOU RUN CAI BETTER STAY DRY OR ITS YOUR ENGINE YOULL FRY!

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
00'ACINTEGRA said:
WELL THANKS FOR THE WORST NEWS A FOOL CAN GET ON A TUES MORNING IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS ANY OTHER HELPFUL INPUT IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED WISH MY 94 HAD NEVER BEEN STOLEN THAT WAS MY BABY THIS 00' SEEMS TO BE MORE TROUBLE THAN IT EVER WAS OF COURSE TIMING IS EVERYTHING ISNT IT WELL ANYONE GOT A GREAT MOTOR FOR AN EVEN BETTER PRICE OR AT LEAST TIPS ON A REBUILD E-MAIL ME AT jctanton@msn.com its gonna be a great year i can just feel it thanks for the input and to all others listen up IF YOU RUN CAI BETTER STAY DRY OR ITS YOUR ENGINE YOULL FRY!
Not trying to give ya abd news, but ive had that bad news, look around salvage yards for a new engine. my car wouldnt run at all. I had to take the plugs out and crank er over. It was like a fucking geyser.

Last edited:

importknight

i did the same with my cold air but i got home real quick after i got it running again, used carb cleaner and changed the oil and plugs and it worked fine like better then before maybe i didnt get that much water in it but it was enough to stall the car.