California State Laws...:[

Blondie707

Hey guys,
I am new to this site, and I joined because I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out with some questions. so, first off, I live in the lovely state of California where as you may , or may not, know that the state laws around here make it damn near impossible to modify you car. Especially when it comes to Exhaust/Emission.

Let me give you a run down on what I'm driving. I have 1 1991 Integra LS Sedan, manual tranny stock LS Engine, nothing special okay. On it I have a CARB legal intake and CARB legal DC headers with a stock cat and piping all the way through to the muffler. it is also sitting low with skunk2 coilovers. so as you can tell now really anything special. Not to loud, and not overly powerful. Just enough for me at the moment.

So here is my problem, I keep getting pulled over by CHP, Police, and Sheriff. At first it was because my car is "too low", which in CA there are laws on that. The middle of your headlights must be 23 inches from the ground and nothing can hang lower then the bottom of your rims. Now my car was sitting at 20inches (SLAMMED) and had mudflaps the scrapped the ground. so I can understand why I got pulled over with that because It was pretty obvious that I was riding too low. so I then lifted my car up to22 inches and have not had a cop stop me for that since. but now my problem is "modified Exhaust", go figure huh? so I have the CARB legal stickers for my after market intake and headers and I have stock cat, piping, and muffler. I got pulled over again last night and the cop said I have "modified Exhaust" but didn't even look under the hood and my muffler looks stock so its just bored cops being dicks at this point.

Now here is my question, what can I do to make my stock muffler quieter so no to attract unwanted attention to myself? im open to any and all ideas. at this point im not sure what to do because I am NOT taking off my intake or headers. and I am pretty sure my car is below 95dbz. so...what should I do?

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Stock muffler quieter?? Lol when I had mine it was quiet as shit. The only thing I can think of is that it needs to be repacked.

94RS

No fucks given.
Ignore it... If you get a ticket, fight it in court and show proof that your shit is legal. You own a modified Honda, dick cops are gonna be dicks just cuz they can be.

Blondie707

Stock muffler quieter?? Lol when I had mine it was quiet as s***. The only thing I can think of is that it needs to be repacked.
Yea I know, its kinda ridiculous. my car isn't even loud. idk what the cops are trippin on.

Blondie707

Ignore it... If you get a ticket, fight it in court and show proof that your s*** is legal. You own a modified Honda, dick cops are gonna be dicks just cuz they can be.
Yea that's what I figured I was just gunna have to do. I just thougt id see what other people had to say haha

R13

The other asshole
Interesting...

I would imagine a header and intake wouldn't make a stock muffler hardly any louder at all... Certainly not loud enough to be mistaken for an aftermarket one. o_O

You should get a dash cam so when you do get a ticket not only can you prove it's legal but you can also prove the cops didn't check it either, Bet you the fucker won't do it again. :lol:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Lol, were you WOT or something? Ignore him if you didn't get a ticket.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I would take off the mudflaps. That is gonna attract attention on how low u r. Cam on dash isnt a bad idea either

Nick_C78

Print out the law and keep it in your car. The law only says that it has to be under 95 db. Then show it to a cop that pulls you over. If he writes a ticket ask for his supervisor, etc. If you have stock muffler then he is an idiot.

Blondie707

Print out the law and keep it in your car. The law only says that it has to be under 95 db. Then show it to a cop that pulls you over. If he writes a ticket ask for his supervisor, etc. If you have stock muffler then he is an idiot.
AGREED on the last part but that's a good idea. thanks

Blondie707

Interesting...

I would imagine a header and intake wouldn't make a stock muffler hardly any louder at all... Certainly not loud enough to be mistaken for an aftermarket one. o_O

You should get a dash cam so when you do get a ticket not only can you prove it's legal but you can also prove the cops didn't check it either, Bet you the f***er won't do it again. :lol:
That's a good idea. I think I will do that actually.

R13

The other asshole
Get a wide angle cam so you can see good, I would recommend something that powers on with the car unless you wanna deal with the hassle of the GoPro or similar action camera's short battery life.