cam gears

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
ok i have a pr3 head all the good to go with it. but i run my gsr cams and gears for dd usage. but when i install my blox type b competition cam gears with skunk2 cam i could not make it idea right? i was playing with throttle control valve and still nothing any idea?:x

mteg

Automatic Lover
ok i have a pr3 head all the good to go with it. but i run my gsr cams and gears for dd usage. but when i install my blox type b competition cam gears with skunk2 cam i could not make it idea right? i was playing with throttle control valve and still nothing any idea?:x
What stage/model cams did you go with? Did you install valvesprings and retainers along with it? What size injectors did you install? How are you planning on tuning them? Cams themselves can take close to a day of tuning on a dyno (mandatory). My guess is you went with stage 2 or 3 with little to no planning. I would def take to a shop and have the gears tuned at a bare min.

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
that what i thought i took my car to a local performance shop and had them install my cams and gears and he could not get them to run properly i ask i need a tune to make these work right? he said no i was about to sell them and i thought wait a min. i better ask around. i have valve and spring and retainers.im on stock injectors.the modle of the cam gear is a blox type b and the cams are skunk2 i really did plan a tune out becaus ethe motor was just at the same as the cam and gear where install by the same shop and the cam where out of the car when i got there.blox type b are there competition gears so like a stage 2 or 3

mteg

Automatic Lover
Did the shop that you went to have a dyno? I can't believe they couldn't tune the idle right. I've seen cars with stage 3 and 4 cams tuned with a somewhat smooth idle. I would go to a different shop. Bieng in cali I think your chances of finding a decent and reputable shop are pretty good. I would upgrade your injectors to a min of 310's. You also need something to tune your a/f. You could be cheap and go with a safc but your better off going with hondata or chrome, etc...

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
nah no dyno. ya i wanna go crome or hondata fure sure. i thought he could get it to idle ok but no luck.a tune is in the work. remmber this is not my dd.