Cam seal???

Ganyon

Popped the hood today and there was oil down the front of the motor and around the cam seal. I cleaned it off and I'm going to watch it. How hard is it to change? I have a b18b1.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Super easy! Pull the valve cover off, take out the screws near the seal take that piece off then pull the seal out. Then you coat your new seal in silicone put it in, put the piece back over it and screw it down (can't remember torque specs). Put valve cover back on and your good!

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
it takes 5mins.. if you want color choices just get pwdjdm one, but i just put in another oem one bc it was only $5. just make sure you put rv sealant around plug for the extra tight fit.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
I have a password jdm, I would get an aftermarket just cuz its metal and oem is plastic. I would assume that they are all about the same though.

Ganyon

I was looking at a blackworks racing one, but the pwjdm one is cheaper. I'm getting a blue one for sure though.

eiznekeM

Charly[horse];1039511 said:
Super easy! Pull the valve cover off, take out the screws near the seal take that piece off then pull the seal out. Then you coat your new seal in silicone put it in, put the piece back over it and screw it down (can't remember torque specs). Put valve cover back on and your good!
RTV sealant, my man.

dlo253

I make billet aluminum ones on a cnc lathe. $10 +shipping.
Custom engraving for a little extra.

Last edited:

vics93integra

im not a nub....
I have blue password jdm leaks a tiny drop but I think its because ita chiped inside bit I whiped it Orange slicon n works good.... EBay at that :)

here&there

In St. Louis, MO
I shopped around and found Blox cam caps in various colors and cheap.

You can get anaerobic gasket maker at any auto parts store (it's for coupling/joining metal to metal).
You can use red RTV or Honda gasket (grey) maker, on the corners of the valve cover gasket.

Here are some pages from my manual, which might help: