Camber kits and such.

Christian

I just recently lowered my car on skunk 2 pro-s2 coilovers and i'm also looking to get some negative camber going, and also to i need to know all the things i'll need for a proper lowering. I've been told i need lower control arms, camber kits all around, and a lower arm bar.. But im not sure what i really need because i've been told different stuff by different people.

tldr what do i need to properly lower a car other than coilovers obviously because i already installed those.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
As you probably noticed lowering your front suspension naturally creates negative camber. Usually its not too extreme and people just run it as is because its not adjustable anyways.

You dont need a LCA or lower arm bar (I think you mean LCA). Front and rear camber kits would be nice but they are optional. Front camber kits involve replacing the UCA and can be expensive. The rear is a simple adjustable extension.

Christian

Alright awesome. I mostly just want the ass end to look nice, that's why i want the LCA's. correct me if im wrong but doesn't the lower arm bar connect the two lower control arms in the rear?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Oh thats a tie bar.
You mean this?

Christian

Yes! thank you. Any specific brands of tie bars and LCA's i should get? I don't know much about them.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
you don't NEED the LCA's, stock ones are fine. The only reason I got mine are because I had to torch the strut bolt out and didn't trust the arm after I did that. But to answer your question, Function7 is a good brand, really anything besides eBay will be fine for daily use. Here's a link if you want it.

You also don't NEED camber kits, lowering your car creates natural negative camber, and depending on the offset of the wheels can look great.

The lower tie bar isn't necessary either. I don't have one. But good brands are Beaks and Benen. The subframe brace muckman has is made by ASR, also not required.

gsr_nikhil

About the eBay parts......I've had Godspeed LCAs in my car for well over a year daily driven. Zero problems