Car sputters non stop after 2500rpm

OneFastGSR

My friend has a gsr and whenever it gets to 2500rpm it constantly sputters non stop and doesn't accelerate past 2500 just sputters. What would cause a problem like that? It's a full built gsr. From sleeves to hondata fuel system everything is done on it. He says his wideband is out which would that have to do with anything? Also he says it's untuned.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I dont know any built motors that dont accelerate past 2500. ^^ If its not tuned, its not full built. Smells like ignition control trouble. My first guess is dizzy. But theres dozens more possibities.

OneFastGSR

Darton sleeves, CP pistons, Brian Crower rods, full Brian Crower valvetrain, All ARP bolts, Port and Polish, 3 angle valve job, 83mm Bore, GSR cams, Skunk2 cam gears, Skunk2 intake manifold, holley 68mm throttle body, custom intake, custom header, apexi exhaust, balanced motor, syncRo tech carbon syncros and fresh bearings in tranny, moroso oil pan, mishimoto radiator, rc550 injectors, hondata s300, aeromotive a750 fuel pump, fidanza flywheel, clutchmasters fx300, has all paperwork on everything dont to the motor and work done at jotech motorsports. Hondata isn't tuned it's on a stock map. He didn't want to get it tuned until he got all the turbo parts

I'm basically wondering if it's not a serious problem, I'm about to buy it from him for 4k. I think it's just from not being tuned, TPS wiring, distributor. One of those 3

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I was just giving you shit for calling it a built motor. Built motors run, broke motors dont. If youre trying to decide whether to buy it based on hypothetical possibilities of its problems then its all a guessing game and nothing anyone says is gonna give you the answer you need. Determine the problem to determine the purchase or buy it and go at it yourself.