Car stolen in San Jose

treeafodo

Austin
I think a kill switch or something that cuts off the gas line is the only thing that's going to prevent Theifs from stealing the car...like actually driving off with it. Thank God i have the privilege to park in a garage.
You can just follow the wires from the fuel pump to wherever you hid the switch. People who bag cars know what they're doing. You have to get really creative in means of security. They could also just load the car on a flat bed and deal with all the security later.

Living in a good neighborhood may help you to a certain extent, but someone follows you home one night and then they're able to swing by anytime they want, day or night.

If they want your car it'll be gone. I'd suggest never mentioning your security features to anyone. Not even the people you trust. Don't talk about them on forums or anything.

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
What.... Of course it matters, if its in a nice neighborhood their wont be as high of a chance of it being stolen
If it's a gated community with a neighborhood watch, then maybe. The nicer neighborhoods around here are not immune to car theft.

I'd suggest never mentioning your security features to anyone. Not even the people you trust. Don't talk about them on forums or anything.
x2. Good advice.

EDIT: Maybe, I exaggerated a bit. They're still not immune. :lol: San Jose jumped from #20 to #7 within a year for 2013 Top cities in America for stolen vehicles.

Last edited:

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
If it's a gated community with a neighborhood watch, then maybe. The nicer neighborhoods around here are not immune to car theft. The thieves aren't aiming for Honda/Acura vehicles, but BMWs, Mercedes, Land Rovers, and other luxury vehicles.

x2. Good advice.
I live in a nicer part of town and never once ever heard of someones BMW being stolen (I'm talking e92s) . Thieves steal these cars because they are easy to steal and the car and parts sell quick.