Cat-backs and Catalytic converters

Ebray1

alright.....right now the only thing i have done with the exhaust is a can on the back.....now it sounds pretty damn good but i want to get more performance out of the whole thing.....so im not sure what size of catback to get.......like 2 1/2 all the way back? and if i take the converter off how much louder will it get? cause i dont want to sound like shit too.....

Delerious

if you're running a fairly stock (intake.. exhaust) then you'll probably want to stick with 2 1/4 inch so you can keep some of your low end. you may notice some gains, but nothing huge... your car will get louder with the cat gone, not sure how much the tone will change tho... what type of canister do you have?

Baldy201

like said above the best size for a stock LS with intake, header is 2.25 cat back. Some good quiet ones the ones that have a chambered or twin-loop muffler. Althought the chambered one will not give the best gains it will keep it quiet. straight though will give good gains but it will be loud.
Chambered-DC Sports SP2, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Comptech
Twin-loop- Spoon
Straight through- Apexi N1, Gready EVO, Spoon N1

Any more questions just ask , thanks.

DownShift96GSR

The Greddy EVO is a straight through design and is 50 state legal if your worried about the noise. When I threw my cat back on my car, I didn't really notice much of a difference until I threw my header, then I noticed the pull. If you're not ported and polished and have upgraded valve train and fuel system, stay with a 2.25 inch exhaust.