Center Cap Help!

99TegLs

Hey guys, Just picked up a set of Konig Starlite's, resting on some yoko's. Problem is, there are no center caps. The next 2 problems are as follows:
1. I can't find the matching center caps or their size anywhere, even on ebay.
2. I wouldnt mind having a generic cap if it fit.
So if any of you have any insight or ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

dlo253

Yeah, just gotta measure the hole. Then hit ebay. Im sure they are the same size as many other companies so you should be able to find some caps no problem.

dlo253

If that's what it is, then that's what it is man. Lol... I'm assuming you don't have calipers to measure with?

99TegLs

i used a digital micrometer, my dad is an engineer so there was bound to be about.... 27 of them laying around in the shop. haha. But i've been looking up 73.3 and not finding much...

dlo253

Ah nice.. Hmm, your dad is an engineer... Got access to CNC machines? Haha whip some billet ones up. Thats what im gonna be doin when i get rims. Love having access to a full cnc shop =)

99TegLs

Nahh he works at Pratt & Whitney, so his shop is there. Dont think they'll let me cut out caps on 100,000,000 dollar machines. Oh well, i'll keep looking

dlo253

That sucks, glad my shop knows and trusts my skill. Haha then again, I work on machines like that everyday. I'm sure they came with caps new. Call konig..?

99TegLs

hmm. yeah, guess who already did that? ME! haha and guess what, their customer service sucks. They said that they only have the center caps for the 17's, which are all that are still in production apparently. They suggested an alternative, but each cap was 63 dollars.... Im in high school working a minimum wage job. How the hell can i afford to throw money at center caps? Guess I'll just put the meshie's back on for now =/

dlo253

Lame. The caps for those aint the same size?? That blows, guess i wont buy konigs if service is crappy. I saw somewhere that somebody used something from home depot and made caps. Cant for the life of me remember what it was....But he painted them up and put honda decals on, they looked legit. Couldnt even tell it was a quick cheap thing.

99TegLs

shoooooot! tell me if you ever find it man. Imma keep calling konig till they give up their goodies