Changing Front Bumber

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I'm going to be getting a 91 Integra tomorrow if everything works out, and I was wondering if there was a way to change out the front bumber to get a 92-93. Is it easy to do? or even possible?

CHILD

all day all JDM
clean cars make clean sigs! too bad my wallet doesn't like keepin' a nice ride lol

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Lookin cleaner than my teg right now, Still deciding on getting a 01 gsr or r or getting a RSXs, its a hard decision for sure.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, thanks for the thread jack... lol, just kidding. okay, thanks guys. how much do you think it would cost to get it painted?

Also, do they make clear corners for that gen? not the ones that are part of the headlights, but the one in the bumper, i think the turn signal

Last edited:

CHILD

all day all JDM
yeah they have clears for those too. as far as paint, im not really sure....just dont get a cheap maaco paint job, or else you'll be repainting it in a few months

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Kuchtaboy said:
how much do you think it would cost to get it painted?
just the bumper? wet sand it and prep yourself and it shouldn't cost much. just for paint. maybe $100

DarkDB1

Wait wait wait!!!!.

You have a 90-91 Teg and you want to do a 92-93 Front bumper?...

If thats the case it is NOT a basic bolton... You have to shave down the foam quite abit, Or run foamless... Im running foamless.

And i suggest getting a OEM bumper, NO AFTERMARKET... They never sit right.

I have a 90 Integra 4Dr, And after i did a mild wreck... I swapped to a 92-93 Front bumper... Fitment is poor and more modifications had to be done, I had trouble getting the support to stay in place and it took about a hour with 2 people putting on the front bumper after that because nothing wanted to line up around the bumper.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
DarkDB1 said:
Wait wait wait!!!!.

If thats the case it is NOT a basic bolton... You have to shave down the foam quite abit, Or run foamless... Im running foamless.

I have a 90 Integra 4Dr, And after i did a mild wreck... I swapped to a 92-93 Front bumper... Fitment is poor and more modifications had to be done, I had trouble getting the support to stay in place and it took about a hour with 2 people putting on the front bumper after that because nothing wanted to line up around the bumper.
True True, What you do is get I think the 92-93 foam and it will work If you want it, if not It doesn't matter that shit doesn't do any good anyways. Oh and Yes definetly don't get an aftermarket front, I think password jdm sell the 93 fronts pretty cheap already prepped and ready to paint.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
DarkDB1 said:
Wait wait wait!!!!.

did you get one from a Da or another DB, are the bumpers different for the 2 and 4 doors??

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
obd1kenobi said:
did you get one from a Da or another DB, are the bumpers different for the 2 and 4 doors??
I'm pretty sure the 2nd gen tegs whether 2 or 4 door are the same up to the front doors. Same fenders, hoods, and bumper

DarkDB1

Yea, The 2dr and 4dr fronts are the same :)

Yea, you can change over the foam and it'll work better and be easyer to do... Or go foamless but then you risk quite a nasty impact in a mild front accident.