Cheesenips Neon

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
I figured Ive been on this forum for almost 7yrs now and Some of the OG's know how my srt4 is put together. Yes..a neon. If youre going to point that out, dont bother, it was established when they came out that they were neons. I dont care.

Anyways, I bought the car brand spanking new in Dec 05, with 41 miles on it, Basically, those came from me test driving it. Ive gone back and forth here and there debating on selling but Ive truly grown to love the amount of power and tq this car has. It has responded very well to mods, and hasnt given me any major issues except for ones probably caused my me.

Bone stock the srt4 has a 2.4l turbo 4cyl. 5 speed trans.

My mods include:
Engine:
Stage 2 w. toys Consisting of the following:
Stage 2 Performance Control Module. (4) 682 cc/min Fuel Injectors. Wastegate Actuator. 3.0 Bar MAP Sensor. 3.0 Bar TIP Sensor. Turbo Toys & Hardware: Intercooler Sprayer - A Four fine mister water spray nozzle attaches to the front mounted intercooler, activated by the 3 position Turbo Toys rocker switch panel. High Octane Fuel Switch - Increases spark advance and adjusts fueling to take full advantage of 100 octane unleaded fuel. Dial A Boost Switch - manages Boost on demand by adjusting the 4 position switch on the switch panel offering minimun to MAXIMUM Boost
Mopar/borla 2.5" cat-back exhaust
3" Maxxfab downpipe w/ magnaflow high flow cat
3" MpX o2 housing.
AEM 3" CAI
180 degree thermostat
Walboro 255lph Fuel pump
AGP Turbo charge pipes
HKS SSQV BOV- 4th gen
Mpx oil catch can
PTP Check Valve
DCR Top end oil modifier
AGP Wga- 19psi Spike, 16psi hold
Booger Shifter bushings

Engine Visual-
Perrin Radiator Shroud
Gold painted Valve cover

Ebay oil cap

Exterior:
Fiberglass eyelids
Caliber srt-4 rear badge
Caliber srt-4 front nostril badge
Yellow tinted foglights
Viper front emblem
Black housing OEM style head lights

Suspension:
BC inverted Coilovers
Energy susension Master bushing kit in red
Progress 27mm front sway bar.
Progress 24mm 3way adustable rear sway bar
MpX front strut bar
P-works 3 point rear strut bar
Drilled/slotted front & real rotors

Wheels:
Enkei EV5 17X7 hyper black

Interior:
Apexi Turbo Timer
Autometer 30/30 boost guage
Mpx Billet shift knob

Coming soon:
Ported turbo manifold
injen 3" turbo back exhuast
ETS 3" turbo pipe
AEM Analog wideband
E1 turbo

Basically, this is how the car sat for a few yrs. I havent driven it much since my deer accident back in 2010. After the body shop had the thing for nearly 4 months, i lost interest in it and it nearly didnt move in 2 yrs.

After Ive been in my friends e85 track car only evo9, Ive got the bug to get back into this thing, so ive spent damn near $3000 in feb. to get this back on the rd and begin tracking it with my buddy and his evo. Thou, Ill never have it as a dedicated track car like his.

This is the neon as of now.

I still need to install the exhaust, FMIC, Ported turbo manifold, wideband, set my coilovers how i want and a few other ods and ends. next 2 major buys for the car is an E1 turbo ( its basically a super modified stock turbo with lighter internals, clipped fins and can produce 45 WHP on 20psi with supporting mods) and tuning software. So basically with another $1000 in parts I can have a neon in the 330-350WHP range if I play my cards right.

Enjoy

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
I looove srt4's, although I heard that they are pretty unreliable.

Cheesnip, I suggest making a vid of your car. I wanna hear that bov ;)

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
Unreliable in what sence? Only real known issue is mainly the synchros. Most other then that, I'll blame it on owners. When it's up and running again, I'll make a vid.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Unreliable in what sence? Only real known issue is mainly the synchros. Most other then that, I'll blame it on owners. When it's up and running again, I'll make a vid.
It's the owners. Most treat these cars like trash and abuse them. But my dad is a mechanic, and he says that dodge's are junk :what:

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
I haven't had any issues with this one. Except for what I've caused. Any ways, I forgot to mention that inorder for me to bring the car any lower on the coilovers, I must have my fenders rolled. So add that to the list

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
I'm currently talking to a vendor about a turbo. It's a stock one that's basically modified into a 16g that some guys are pulling 11s out of. Not bad from a stock turbo.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I owned a yellow 03 SRT4 for a year. It had stg2 w/o toys with a Boral exhaust. The only thing I miss about that car is the exhaust backfire.