--== [[ CLUB-INTEGRA GAMERs LOUNGE:: Xbox // PlayStation // Wii // PC ]] ==--

OneFastGSR

Anyone played the new DiRT series game? It's called DiRT Rally, Suppose to be literally only rally racing, no gymkhana and all that other bs.. I want to see what others think before I buy it lol

OneFastGSR

I already paid my lawyer, I still got some money to blow.. I was thinking of finishing my teg build but I won't have a license for along time, So that'd be a waste lol. I been playing games all day to stay out of trouble... I'm either home playing video games now, or at work (no schedule yet, going to call after alittle while and see when I can come in again lol)

edit: guess i'll just see if it's good since I bought it... Lol

Last edited:

Ryan659

If you have steam, hook up a Xbox remote and get The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Classic legend of Zelda style shooter but with a ducked up twist

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Uhhh.... no. If I think of a classic shooter game I think of something like Contra, Space Invaders, Asteroid, Galaga, Super R Type, Time Crisis, or even Duck Hunt. You know things where all you do is shoot shit, not solve puzzles, explore a world, collect quest items, power up your character, etc. I think Zelda is considered an adventure game by most of the world ;)

Ryan659

I don't recall solving puzzles in the first Zelda game. I mostly recall going from one tiny map, killing monsters (usually with a arrow or boomerang), to another and getting upgrades as you go. Contra was the basically the same general concept but was side scrolling instead of top-down. Sorry for being too broad by saying a game is a shooter if you shoot things in it, I'll try to be more specific next time......

Did you even look at the game I mentioned and compare that to the the classic Zelda game before trying to be a smart ass?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You must not have played much of the game if that's all you remember. Lets see, you had to solve the puzzle to get through the forrest to the graveyard. There was the puzzle about how to get into level 7 where you had to play the flute at the pond. Burning bushes to open up secret areas, also blowing holes though walls, pushing blocks certain ways, the endless maze through Death Mountain, figuring out to feed Digdogger the meat...

I think that's a little different than just running to the end of the level dodging bullets and shooting bad guys. Of course Contra was an awesome game in it's own way.

I'm sure you didn't grow up with Zelda so it's not a big deal, just the first time I ever heard it referred to as a shooter.

Ryan659

What's up your ass, Ryan?
:lol: why does arguing mean someone's offended ;) Aussie must just want me to clarify my original statement ;)

You must not have played much of the game if that's all you remember. Lets see, you had to solve the puzzle to get through the forrest to the graveyard. There was the puzzle about how to get into level 7 where you had to play the flute at the pond. Burning bushes to open up secret areas, also blowing holes though walls, pushing blocks certain ways, the endless maze through Death Mountain, figuring out to feed Digdogger the meat...

I think that's a little different than just running to the end of the level dodging bullets and shooting bad guys. Of course Contra was an awesome game in it's own way.

I'm sure you didn't grow up with Zelda so it's not a big deal, just the first time I ever heard it referred to as a shooter.
And that's why I said "style". I didn't state it was an exact duplicate of Zelda nor that it was trying to be. The game I mentioned had the same shooter type aspects in it as Zelda did. Damn people, just trying to share a game with you :lol: