Complete Newbie, looking at '97 GS-R

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Shit man, don't let yourself get bent over with no Vaseline like that by a dealership for the BS 120K service. Have the T belt and water pump done at a regular mechanic. Some mechanics charge a little more per hour (like $10 buck or so) if you buy the parts yourself that you want them to install (and some places are straight up hard asses and won't install any part that they don't buy themselves), but it'll probably be worth it. Cuz they make a little money on the parts they sell you.

Your not gonna find OEM rims for sale at an auto parts store online or otherwise, lol. The dealership (for the no Vaseline price of like $400 each) or a private sale is your only hope, unless you live in East Bumfuck, Hicksville County where no one knows the value of those OEM rims, hehe. Maybe you can score a set from a junkyard for $50 if you do.

SlammedCivic

If you are planning on getting your timing belt and water pump done somewhere I else I really recomend you BRING them an OEM Honda belt. You never know what they will put on there, and I don't use anything but Honda parts.

keat320

Well it looks like this whole deal just went down the drain; I just called him to talk price and he said he sold it for $5300 last night right after I looked at it.

This hasn't gone to waste at all, though, as I'm still looking at G3 GS-R's to buy soon.

So now I'm looking at this other one that I was considering before.
Its a red 97 GS-R with leather, 150k miles, 1 owner, clean title & carfax, asking $5900 OBO.

Features: A/C: Front, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Steering, Bucket Seats, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Anti-Lock Brakes, CD Player, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Rear Window Wiper, Tinted Glass, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof/Moonroof

Selling Points: One Owner; 30 MPG; Car inspected 6/2006; Starter kill with LoJack Vehicle Recovery System; (4)Bridgestone 205/50ZR15 Summer Tires; (4)185/65SR14 Michelin Snow Tires on Steel Rims; CompTech Stainless Steel Header Exhaust. Very Well maintained. Maintenance records available.

Condition: Normal parking lot dents. Acura badge on front missing.

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3
pic 4
pic 5
pic 6
pic 7
pic 8
pic 9

I'll give him a call I think and see when I can go look at the car. Sounds like it comes with good tires, but should I be worried about the high mileage, or just be sure he has records for the tbelt, etc?

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Well sorry about the news, that black on black is a hot item

About the milano red one now I think you can realy play with the price here, has alot of miles, that milano red is looking pinkish (common on that color) so a new paintjob is in hand, plus the aftermarket exhaust, well is Comptech at least, I would offer him 4800 for it and show the cash to him, if he dont let go ill look for another, price is kinda high plus is red (dont like red tegs too much) about the tires I guess is a great deal that youre guetting an extra set but still 5900 is a tad too high.

Any pics of the engine?

keat320

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
keat320 said:
Those are just the pics he posted in the ad, I haven't actually looked at this one yet. Would it cost a lot to get a good paintjob done on it?

I'd be interested in a good white, black, or red (like this, posted by g3teg97 in the "Cleanest integras" thread: http://www.spooledproductions.com/Pictures/Jsermans Teg/images/jserteg12.jpg ). I particularly like this white like this: http://www.integra-typer.com/abrueggen/upload/integra7.jpg also posted by g3teg97.
Good taste my man, a nice paint job would cost about 1200 buck more or less it all depends on the condition of the body( dings and dents) but the price is too high IMO

That red one is a 98+ teg

The white one is a EDM ITR, teh sex :D

White tegs are very common, and the paint holds real good with the years

keat320

Well I'm gonna take a look at that other red one next week, but I just found this one.

Its a Red '94 GSR 2dr, 146605 miles, asking $4800. It has a clean carfax (failed inspection in 2003, but has passed every year since). Here's more info:

Power: Steering, Brakes, Door Locks, Windows; Radial Tires; Alloy Wheels; Air Conditioning; Tilt Steering Wheel; Cruise Control; Tinted Glass; Rear Defroster; Remote Trunk Lid; Day-Night Lever; Dual Sport Mirrors; Front Bucket Seats; Reclining Seat(s); Grey Cloth Upholstery; Power Sunroof; Driver Side Remote Mirror; CD/AM-FM/Cassette Stereo Radio; Rear Spoiler; Driver Side Air Bag; Passenger Side Air Bag; Manual Transmission.

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

Even though its a '94, the paint seems to be holding up well... I'll be sure to ask if its been repainted.

I'll put it through the same paces as the others, but its being sold at a dealer that is 45 miles away, so I don't want to have to make a bunch of trips because I didn't ask certain questions about this particular one.

Again, many thanks for all of your help!

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Damn where you keep findin all these clean stock GSR's, well you allready know what to look for, pice is good paint looks ok, let's us know

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
that sucks you shouldve snagged that other one up real quick. i thought it was a good price. when you get your car hit us up wit the miles and we'll help you out with the maintenance. GL

keat320

Good news guys, I've got one!

I looked at the second red one I posted here (post #22), but it turned out to be kind of junky (repainted b/c hit from rear, leaking sunroof and hatch, rust all over, etc.).

So this afternoon I looked at the first red one I posted (#18 ), and ended up buying it for $5500. 97 Red GSR, 150k miles, one owner with complete records, did all maintenance according to schedule, comes with winter and summer tires and wheels, Comptech header & exhaust, and starter-kill w/ moonroof-close button as the activator. The paint is fading a little (not as bad as in the pics, and i did look at it under sunlight) but there isn't any rust or anything, and other than that the car is really in good shape, which is what's really important for me and my wallet.

Unfortunately it isn’t in my possession yet because the guy wanted a Cashier’s check, but I’ll have it on Monday.

So thanks a lot for all your help guys, its really made a big difference. Post #18 has some pics of it, and I’ll probably post a few more when I get the car, but with school starting up I’m probably not going to mod it very much if at all, for the time being.

Again, thanks for all the help!

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
wait so you are gonna go get the check monday or you already gave it to him

keat320

I gave him a personal check in the meantime, but I'll get a cashier's check monday and he'll drop the car off and sign the title over monday night.

vaportrail

Hey - I just got a 95 gsr blk/blk w/ 130 miles. paid 4800. yours sound good- btw i'm a lot older than you are (40 something)& live in MA also. the front pipe from cat to muffler had to be replaced as well as a few other things.
I bought it from a used car dealer in Ma so they had to do all the safety items. (had a bad ball joint also.
It came w/ snow tires!. handy right now! it goes much better than I had expected. got a spare set of wheels/tires on the way for spring.. Its a noisy car - 4k rpm at 80mph is not something I would like to drive to fla! the factory radio sucks. I had the windows tinted - looks great. Where are you in MA? I'm in Amebury.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Hey - I just got a 95 gsr blk/blk w/ 130 miles. paid 4800. yours sound good- btw i'm a lot older than you are (40 something)& live in MA also. the front pipe from cat to muffler had to be replaced as well as a few other things.
I bought it from a used car dealer in Ma so they had to do all the safety items. (had a bad ball joint also.
It came w/ snow tires!. handy right now! it goes much better than I had expected. got a spare set of wheels/tires on the way for spring.. Its a noisy car - 4k rpm at 80mph is not something I would like to drive to fla! the factory radio sucks. I had the windows tinted - looks great. Where are you in MA? I'm in Amebury.
check the date of the last post. :thumbs up you can always make a brand new thread to introduce yourself.