connecting rod quest.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Rods don't add power, and don't really need replacing except for boosted engines because cylinder pressures are much higher under boost than NA, which is the main reason for changing rods. Secondary reasons for changing rods are for weight reduction/lighter rotating mass (important for very high revving engines), or if the pistons you want to get won't fit to your stock rods. Why do you need to change your rods?

Rods don't add power, and don't really need replacing except for boosted engines because cylinder pressures are much higher under boost than NA, which is the main reason for changing rods. Secondary reasons for changing rods are for weight reduction/lighter rotating mass (important for very high revving engines), or if the pistons you want to get won't fit to your stock rods. Why do you need to change your rods?
What he said. OP, you're N/A LS motor is not going to make more power than the stock rods with some 8mm rod bolts can handle.

emd513

my rods are trash. im building with nitrous and why would i by stock when i can get either of these for about 50 bucks more. there stronger lighter and eagle pretty much say there unbreakable. im going to get as much as i can out of this motor with out a turbo. then if i am not satisfied i will throw a turbo on it later even if i have to change a few things in the motor.