Cooling fan wired to be on permanently

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
how about my fan? it just suddenly act weird, even if you turned off the ignition and pull the keys off the radiator fan still stays on but the condenser fan will shut off.. I don't know why is it acting like that, so i disconnected the socket on the radiator fan for the mean time...

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
Here's a wiring diagram for anyone interested. Doing this should have your fan run constantly while the car is running.

Rich-PMS

how about my fan? it just suddenly act weird, even if you turned off the ignition and pull the keys off the radiator fan still stays on but the condenser fan will shut off.. I don't know why is it acting like that, so i disconnected the socket on the radiator fan for the mean time...
Fans are set to run once coolant reaches a certain temp, and they continue to run until the temp drops below that temp. Even if the car is off. Your fan is NOT malfunctioning

Rich-PMS

Fans are set to run once coolant reaches a certain temp, and they continue to run until the temp drops below that temp. Even if the car is off. Your fan is NOT malfunctioning

JohnnyK

Yeah I have the same problem. My radiator blew yesterday and I just installed a new one today. While my car is running the fan turns on rarely. It overheats. I was driving my car around with a new radiator, coolant flush, and new thermostat. The fan does not turn on for shit. I saw smoke coming out my car. let me know.

DumaDa9

if your car is over heating while driving and theres smoke its not the radiator fan

JohnnyK

My radiator blew yesterday on my driveway while it was sitting idle for about 10 mins. I just bought a new cooling fan switch. Hope this works.

Edit: Yes, it was the cooling fan switch. WOO HOO! My fans work perfectly AWESOME.
So anyone else with this problem, check out your cooling fan switch k? It might be one of the reasons. Cost me $21.74 at Autozone.

Last edited:

DumaDa9

that is usually the cause for the fan to not work, but we wire it to stay on so that we can avoid situations like yours, we dont have to worry about the fan switch going out, the car over heating, and causing severe damage. I dont know, just depends on the person i guess

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
oh I didn't know that.. I'm just worried because it might drain my battery because it's running continously.. I'm gonna hook up the socket again and observe... Thanks!

HondaDNA

Apply ground to A12 at the ECU and the fan comes on. No need to run 2 wires from inside the car out to the fan or cut a splice the fan harness to the battery. A simple switch that give ground(-) to A12 is all you need...

lshitegra90

cooling fan

if you dont use your cruise control than just wire it up to that, cut the plug off the cruise control box, and there is one constant power, check with a meter to find out which one, and you can use the cruise control switch to turn it on and off, no need to tap into the fuse box if that is already there for you :) oh and for some reason when the cruise control light is on, there is no power, and when its off there is.