Cops.

MrGurley

************5-0
I don't like using the word routine, but ticket writing is a repetitive process, showing up to the crazy random wtf situations that happen often during a shift always yield different new challenging scenarios that keep me motivated to be a better cop

ArmyIntegra

Registered Teg Driver
I can definitely see that. It seems like an awesome field of work. So, as a cop, how do you guys feel about loud exhausts?

'94 Teg FTW.

MrGurley

************5-0
it is a blast! wouldn't trade it for the world. as for exhaust noise, my current teg is running a plm narrow strait to a spoon n1, was strait piped before that, owned a bc spec 2 system on a h22 del sol, run open down pipe on turbo cars... so I'll let you figure that out lol

ArmyIntegra

Registered Teg Driver
I don't doubt you man, I really don't. I've often thought about it for myself after the army. Haha I see what you mean.

'94 Teg FTW.

Blue95gsr

That car you smoked!
Our local pd does ride along's, you just have to schedule it with the precinct and sign the waivers. I used to know the chief of police, his kids in the force, Lt. in the East division, and random cops. Most gave me hilarious stories and some "interesting" stories.

Don't get me wrong, I deserved those speeding tickets, except the one about the out of jurisdiction which I think I should have been able to fight in the court.

***Side note, I tried out for our PD and flunked out :( I was too fat and failed the physical exam (I had 1% more body fat and couldn't run the mile and a half in under 12 minutes.).

MrGurley

************5-0
I'd look into it, I was fortunate enough to enlist in the Navy as a police officer which turned on the drive to be a cop for me right outta high school, and it's been my passion since. like I said earlier start riding along and making connections if you like it

MrGurley

************5-0
Our local pd does ride along's, you just have to schedule it with the precinct and sign the waivers. I used to know the chief of police, his kids in the force, Lt. in the East division, and random cops. Most gave me hilarious stories and some "interesting" stories.

Don't get me wrong, I deserved those speeding tickets, except the one about the out of jurisdiction which I think I should have been able to fight in the court.

***Side note, I tried out for our PD and flunked out :( I was too fat and failed the physical exam (I had 1% more body fat and couldn't run the mile and a half in under 12 minutes.).
if it's something you really wanna do hit the gym and bust some ass to get it. don't let one department put the brakes on it.

Blue95gsr

That car you smoked!
Luckily I had a back up plan and started in banking before trying for PD. I have been doing well so I'm happy.

Blue95gsr

That car you smoked!
oh i c. Yeah I am thankful I had that career backing me up. It's starting to pay dividends. Heck, even my branch manager's son is a cop and comes by frequently.