coy's 4runner thread (n_n)

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i want to make the jdm satoshi grill

you use the oldschool TOYOTA land cruiser badge and the grill from a 98. but people put whatever on it like the newer TOYOTA, TRD or the 4runner logo. i think imma use the old TOYOTA badge.

heres how the older generation grill looks like.

you just cut out the middle piece and do a little bondo and screws for the mesh grill.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
installed these speakers and a pioneer bluetooth stereo today! sounds so much better!

ill post up installed pics of the deck tomorrow.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
swapped out my old Karr alarm for a Viper one. nothing fancy tho.

1 question tho...

everything works (all doors lock and trigger alarm when opened) but its bypassing something because it chirps 3 times when armed instead of 1. any ideas?? its probably bypassing the ignition.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using NetZero.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
so ive been looking to do some easy, at-home mods for the 4runner and i came across whats called a SATOSHI GRILL MOD.

for those that dont know, ill give you a little walkthru.

so heres how my grill looks now (2000)

since 3rd gen 4runner parts are interchangable, im gonna pick up a 98 chrome grill from the local yards, hopefully for cheap.

cut out the middle crap, a bit of fiberglass, bondo, sanding and painting to clean up the cuts, black painted grill mesh and mount behind.

im still debating if i should put any badges on it. probably a small toyota where the TRD badge is on there. people usually use the TOYOTA from the '70s FJ40

im gonna take my time if i decide to do this so it prolly wont be done for a while once i start.

what do you guys think? i think itll look pretty dope.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using NetZero.