Crower vs Eagle rods

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
Hey guys im getting ready to start the turbo build on my car and i cant decide which rods would be better for the build. i already know pretty much every thing else im going to be using, but i want to know which forged steel rod would handle 400hp at the crank better. any opinions or suggestions would be great

Eagles cant handle that. They're more for a budget build, 300-350 is fine, but im not sure about 400. Im not too sure what Crowers can handle, but if your trying to have 400+ then I would go with Scat or Carillo most def. Those are some great, high quality sets that can handle the high boost your looking for, and then some.

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
scat and carrillo... havent looked into them yet, ill see what they got, thanks man

!v@n

don't get crower and brian crower rods mixed up. Crower rods are built in house in san diego ca, they can handle a lot of power and are great quality. Brian Crower rods are chinese just like eagle rods.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
scat and carrillo... havent looked into them yet, ill see what they got, thanks man
i have scat and crower rods you can tell right away the scat rods can handle more abuse, scat rods have large threaded ARP rod bolts and the rod design looks a lot stronger, but crower has a bigger name in the buisiness, so your probably hear otherwise

!v@n

i have scat and crower rods you can tell right away the scat rods can handle more abuse, scat rods have large threaded ARP rod bolts and the rod design looks a lot stronger, but crower has a bigger name in the buisiness, so your probably hear otherwise
Crower rods also use ARP rods bolts. We can also custom build rods to your specs

Get Pauter or Carillo rods, They have some that handle 1000+ horsepower. I'll use Pauter in my future boost build.

EDIT: Just realized thread title. Eagle

Last edited:
I would personally never use an eagle rod in a motor of mine but thats just my opinion. I have litterally seen an Eagle rod twist to shit at 401whp in buddies del sol. I would go Crower, anything beyond that I would go Pauter or Carrillo, the only issue is Carrillos are super expensive, then again Pauters are $900 new lol.

FWIW I have Pauters in my turbo build

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
I would personally never use an eagle rod in a motor of mine but thats just my opinion. I have litterally seen an Eagle rod twist to s*** at 401whp in buddies del sol. I would go Crower, anything beyond that I would go Pauter or Carrillo, the only issue is Carrillos are super expensive, then again Pauters are $900 new lol.

FWIW I have Pauters in my turbo build
well thats generally why H beams are a better choice if your on a budget, H beams tend to want to twist rather then snap in half, I beams like to do the snap and shoot through the block maneuver lol crower makes nice high hp 650+ forged I beam rods as well, but they are 780 a set.

VigLink badge